• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 new Maintenance Station noise

Netter26

Hello,

I just installed a new Maintenance Station on my VJ 1324 and it’s making a loud noise when cleaning. Usually when it’s sucking the ink down the cap top once the printhead moves off of it. When I do a little charge, it makes the noise while the head is on the cap top. It’s the sound it makes when you get a wiper sensor error, but it’s longer and I get no error.
Could it be a defective MS? It pulls ink, I can see both clear waste tubes moving the jnk through.

Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've sold many many maintenance stations and in my experience some make a lot of noise and others don't. It doesn't seem to affect the function most of the time. Mutoh does recommend greasing the gears on new stations as well which most people skip. So that may help. 3rd party stations fail far more often than OEM in my experience which is why we stopped selling 3rd party.

Netter26

Thanks, it is a third party MS but is working. I’ll try greasing the gears.
I also have a cross contamination issue. My first yellow block on the nozzle check is kind of green. I have new dampers in but not new O rings. Also the blue and yellow on the nozzle check is only spitting out 9 of the 10 lines.

Will I need a new printhead as well?

Ssignature

Not because of cross contamination. Nozzles missing means you need a head if they won’t recover from cleanings. Don’t clean with Little Charge or Inital Charge. Ifn fact 2 smalls works better than one long cleaning