• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 Issue & belt tension/adjustment

Woodsey3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YdzpDPgemT-bks3lP4cxnYDoj6cGbcSe/view?usp=sharing

I have attached a video of the noise/vibration we are still experiencing since Jan 2022. So far no error codes have been thrown yet. We have cleaned, greased, replaced steel belt (it broke), encoder strip & reader, the CR Belt & Motor, leveled the whole unit, and last the head assembly. It only happens on the left side as the head is heading home.

What else could it be ? I am wondering if my tension on both replaced belts (Steel & CR) are not correct - What does everyone use for this ??? I am having a hard time finding a tension gauge Max. 4,080gf (40N) for measurement and Max. 204gf (2N) for measurement.

heyskull

Carriage bearings failing.
I have a 1604 (same machine) and because it has done so much work the bearings are worn and cannot be used on low head height anymore.
It is a big job to replace them but they are replaceable.

SC

netsol

I have a 1604 (same machine) and because it has done so much work the bearings are worn and cannot be used on low head height anymore.

SC
Heyskull, are those bearings sealed?
Perhaps a syringe and the right mix of lubricants?
Thinning the grease, inject into bearing & it thickens as the solvent evaporates.
Might buy another year or so, before taking on what really is a big job

Woodsey3

SC
That has also been replaced (brand new) a few months ago.