• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1628x flexi profile

xtremebyjrod

So I’m having trouble finding a profile for my 1628x to put 4 color in flexi

I have it set up to print 4 color now , but I don’t believe it’s using but 1 of the colors instead of both . I had it setup with the white , metallic etc and change it to cmykx2 to make it faster and I never used the white and metallic.

It is setup with a bulk system and the ink in 1 each of the colors I have filled up twice and the other colors hasn’t even moved like it’s not using it ? But it prints perfect, my concern is it’s not pulling from both color lines and 1 will dry up over time . I really don’t know much about it as I’ve always printed with 8 color

Or does it pull from one line till it’s empty then pull from the other ? Any help is appreciated

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What process did you go through to change the ink set? If you just put color ink in and changed the profile without reconfiguring the ink set in the printer parameters itself, sending over a file using a CMYK profile would most likely only print with the one head that was originally CMYK. Basically, if the machine thinks it's still using metallic and white, and the RIP is sending CMYK files, the printer doesn't know to use the second head.

xtremebyjrod

I have changed the ink set in the machine , I can’t find a profile that supports cymykx2 basically . I chose the Cmyk setting and it seems to only pull from half the carts if that makes sense ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have changed the ink set in the machine , I can’t find a profile that supports cymykx2 basically . I chose the Cmyk setting and it seems to only pull from half the carts if that makes sense ?
In that case, I would check the printer settings in the RIP. I know in Flexi there is a setting that tells the printer to use one head or the other or both and it's in the tab to the right of the tab you use to choose your profile. The icon should look like a little printer.