• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1638x need help

ad41061

I have a new to Mutoh 1638x and no matter waht I do I get head strikes every time I go to print, the problem is the vinly winkles up between the pressure rollers (see photo) how do prevent this , I have tryed ther different pressures levels, I have tryed different vinly, I have tryed no pre heating and no heating at all, can any one help me I am sure its user error but I am at loss.

Thank you for your time and help
Ad

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Heat is usually the culprit but since you've ruled that out, it could be a few things. The most common cause other than heat is skewing material. Make sure you're loading it as straight as possible and that the roll isn't telescoped. Make sure all of the pinch rollers on the media are down. On that machine it's possible to lift rollers up and they usually come new in the box down but just double check. If the rollers are giving uneven pressure, it will skew. I'd just lower the rollers and get down to eye level with them and see if there are any gaps between the roller and the media and that should tell you all you need to know.

Other than that, if you're using the take-up, it needs to be leveled with the machine. It's something installers tend to skip and it can cause skewing as well.

Oh and turn the vacuum up all the way in the setup menu.

ad41061

Heat is usually the culprit but since you've ruled that out, it could be a few things. The most common cause other than heat is skewing material. Make sure you're loading it as straight as possible and that the roll isn't telescoped. Make sure all of the pinch rollers on the media are down. On that machine it's possible to lift rollers up and they usually come new in the box down but just double check. If the rollers are giving uneven pressure, it will skew. I'd just lower the rollers and get down to eye level with them and see if there are any gaps between the roller and the media and that should tell you all you need to know.

Other than that, if you're using the take-up, it needs to be leveled with the machine. It's something installers tend to skip and it can cause skewing as well.

Oh and turn the vacuum up all the way in the setup menu.
Thank you for the reply, yes it was the vinyl roll holders they are not alined correct and causing the vinyl to ripple, when I unroll the vinyl down the back of the printer it solves that problem.
Thank you
AD