• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Dealership

skip0827

Good morning,

My company has been a provider of wide format systems to the technical (AEC) market for over 20 years where we represent several major manufacturers including Canon, Oce, KIP, and HP.

We have recently been approached about expanding into the sign market in particular as a dealer for Mutoh in the Florida. We would be responsible for sales, and service of their products. As this is a new market for us we are trying to get an idea of how they are perceived.

What are the general feelings of the Mutoh products? Are they well built? Do they have a proven reliable track record? How do they stack up against competitive units?

Your input is GREATLY appreciated as this is a new arena for us. Prior to jumping in we would like to make sure of the products we represent.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As a current Mutoh dealer I can tell you that they are my favorite vendor. When I email my sales rep, she responds in a timely manner. When I put in a warranty request, they process it fast and send the parts out overnight. Mutoh says that their machines average 0.5 service calls per year in the first 2 years which as far as I have seen is true. Generally when you hear a bad experience with Mutoh support it's actually a bad experience with Sign Warehouse who is one of their bigger dealers and has a sub par support system. If you call Mutoh's actual support line, they are much better.

I am a tech and have been working on Mutoh, Mimaki, Roland and Epson printers for 10 years. Other than the maintenance stations being over engineered, I would say Mutoh is my favorite brand to work on. They just keep it simple.

FatCat

Have used nothing but Mutoh printers since I started our business in 2009. We've had a 1204, 1304, 1604 and now a 1624 and 1624x. My overall experience is that they are good machines, great print quality and I find easy to work on.

If you want the layman's explanation, Mutoh/Mimaki/Roland are the Chevy/Ford/Dodge of the printer world here in the USA. All good machines, most people know about them even if they have never owned one.

300mphGraphics

Very, very happy with my 2 Mutohs. I've been able to maintain and replace the two parts I've needed in over 7 years. Never even needed a service call! 1204 and 1624x.

skip0827

Have used nothing but Mutoh printers since I started our business in 2009. We've had a 1204, 1304, 1604 and now a 1624 and 1624x. My overall experience is that they are good machines, great print quality and I find easy to work on.

If you want the layman's explanation, Mutoh/Mimaki/Roland are the Chevy/Ford/Dodge of the printer world here in the USA. All good machines, most people know about them even if they have never owned one.
Very, very happy with my 2 Mutohs. I've been able to maintain and replace the two parts I've needed in over 7 years. Never even needed a service call! 1204 and 1624x.
Thank you for the reply. This has been helpful.

skip0827

Your replies have been helpful. I am hoping this site will help bring us up to speed. As mentioned we haven been providing technical wide format solutions for over 25 years. Oce is one of our main partners and they have asked us about handling their new UV Gel unit. I do not want to be a one trick operation so we are looking for solutions to round out our portfolio.

Thank you again for the feedback.

skip0827

As a current Mutoh dealer I can tell you that they are my favorite vendor. When I email my sales rep, she responds in a timely manner. When I put in a warranty request, they process it fast and send the parts out overnight. Mutoh says that their machines average 0.5 service calls per year in the first 2 years which as far as I have seen is true. Generally when you hear a bad experience with Mutoh support it's actually a bad experience with Sign Warehouse who is one of their bigger dealers and has a sub par support system. If you call Mutoh's actual support line, they are much better.

I am a tech and have been working on Mutoh, Mimaki, Roland and Epson printers for 10 years. Other than the maintenance stations being over engineered, I would say Mutoh is my favorite brand to work on. They just keep it simple.
Thank you so much for the feedback.