• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh software

Border

Here is a link to a list of s101 threads that may have some valuable information to help you out....if you take the time to sift through and read them.
Not all of them deal with your situation specifically but most of them have references and how-tos that should help you get to know your printer better and how to get the ink flowing properly again. The Falcons, Falcon JRs, etc are all very similar in the way they are set up and such. These techniques apply to a wide variety of printers.

-You may need a premium membership to view some of them. Worth the price, for sure!

http://signs101.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1860612

I have several customers with the Mutoh edition Flexi SE that came with there machine. I'm sure I can find 1 of them that will let it go at an low price. Send me a message if you are interested.

66duane

that would work

something,, just to get everything started and its got to work with vista,,, i tried a trail copy off of ebay just to print something and it found the printer,, i took the printer apart and found the lines and all,,, i tried pulling the ink thru the line with a syringe but it just wouldnt do it so i used my brake bleeder and i could see it go thru the lines but i didnt get it out of the very end,, i ran clean a couple times so was just now going to go see if it worked, keep the fingers crossed,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my server is playing internet games again so its a hit and miss on and off deal,,,, thanks to all of ya for helpin a old man,, duane

CRD

Ok if you bleed your way but always be gentle with the underpressure while pulling it is not a car brake system.

For the troubleshooting...................
But if the syringe trick doesnt pull yellow from the cartridge side then that is the first thing to check more. If you release the pressure on the syringe and it is pulled back ther e is a vacum in the tubes from the cartridge onwards.
Take out the yellow cartridge and try again.
If it pulls without vacum you know it is the cartridge/cartridge system.
If this works you pulled air in the tube which you have to remove, do not forget that.

You can also pull through the capping station gently for the color side to see if it leaks air there. It is just troubleshooting till we know what is the cause.
Have the dampers been replaced with the heads?
BTW you can also download the latest FLEXI 10.5 RIP version which support your machine. The trail version only print with a blank line but it is fully working version to test your machine for all the colors to be printed and no fading of yellow.

Let us know the progress.

Paco

66duane

tomorrows venture!

I have to find a piece of tubing that small to suck ink into the damper,,,, i watched it on u tube,,, thanks finding that tube is about like trying to milk a cow with no fingers,,,,,, mmmm thanks to you all,,,,,,,

66duane

okay got ink to the white deal the damper,, and i ran it thru the cleaning cycle about 8 times and no yellow,, am i at the end? and doomed,!?!

CRD

Dont eat the lollypop! just cut the tube from it.

Do not know if it mechanical is possible is to swap the tube and dampers for exmaple cyan and yellow. or the nearest to the yellow.
If then the yellow is going through the cyan part of the head and the cyan is not going through the yellow part of the head you have two outcomes. The head is shot for the yellow part or the yellow still does not flow due to vacum or airleaks. The head has a fuse if I am correct but I do not know if the fuse is for all channels or one per channel.
Others need to chime in.

Paco

66duane

well it didnt work

well it did but it didnt,,,, when i ran ink from the dampner thru the head it would print, well it used to,, then it stopped no matter if i injected it with ink or not,,,,,,, this is unbelievable,,,,,,,,,,, the junior uses only one pump so if one pumps they all should pump,, least ive been told,,,,,,,and if it worked when injected with ink then it should work, but for some reason runs out of ink,,,,,,,, possible the dampner is bad somehow or leaking air in the fitting between it and the head? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

CRD

Duane.

1] If you pull ink with a syringe at the output of the yellow damper does it pull ink easily?

2 If the yellow damper is put on the head and the head is parked on the cappingstation and you pull with a syringe on the output of the cappingstation color side for all the three colors (you now simulate the pump function) does the yellow flows?

Please just answer 1 and 2 with yes or no.

If you do not understand my explanation just say so and I will add some pictures.

Paco

66duane

???

I dont know i have always pulled or pushed the ink with the head in the middle of the deck,,,, i have never pushed the heads all the way to where they park and tried it,,,,,,,,,

CRD

Try to pull the ink on the capping station,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Check if the foam in the cappingstation is saturated with cyan-magenta-yellow from left to rigth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you pull.

Paco

66duane

i think ive had enough

i was running a test sheet just to keep it from clogging up and now the red is doing the same as the yellow,,,, the capping station tops have ink on them but they are not in a pattern they are just black almost,, i tried to pull ink thru the discharge tubs and i get nothing, it pulls just air and it sounds like the lines are not even connected,, i think its time to give up,,, ive lost so much money on this that i want to puke,, I do know one thing i wont buy another mutoh just for the fact that if you need help with them there is absolutely nobody to call and no support system,,, they told me to call this outfit in chicago that gets $250 to come and $150 a hour to look at it,,,,,,, thats over another thousand if he even knows anything about them,, I want to thank you all for trying to help me,, I know its hard this way but it is what it is,,,,,,, im afraid a peice of junk that i dont have the ability to do anything with,, again thanks your a really nice group especially to help a old man like me,,,,,,, duane

CRD

Duane witht he trouble shooting we did we are almost at the end of the possibilities what can eb the cause.

If you only pull air then the capping station, then 99% this is the problem maker (or pump). This could also be the cause why the magenta is starting to fail. If there is good flow from the cartridge to the head and you print it will give an output after a while. But sometimes you need a suction from the cappingstation in combination with the pump to get consistent inkflow. If the cappingstation and pump are working correctly you will see while the machine is in the cleaning sequence that the pads in the cappingstation are fluided and drained with ink at one point and then suddenly cleaned away when the pump reverse. The colors sequence should be as mentioned before.
You can also check the drain tubes that go to the waste bottle. If there is no ink flowing this is a pump/cappingstation problem.

Regards, Paco

66duane

to all of you that helped and offered help THANKS FOR HELPING A OLD MAN! now heres the rest of the story,,,, I found someone from desplains to actually work on this thing,,, the one thing i didnt tell you all was that the guy i bought it from also sold me a new print head,,, unfortunately he refused to give it to me after i paid for it,, he beat around the bush for over 3 months now,, giving every excuse he could and it never got sent to me, so please be careful of who you buy from,, this is a guy that has ads on ebay and claims hes big in the print industry,,,,,, but back to my thanks,,, after this guy checked the capping station and pump he found a small hole in one of the pump lines,,,so he replaced them,,, and NOTHING still didnt work,, we didnt have a new pump but after cleaning and replacing the center of the pump we again tried and bingo,,,, I now have a printer that works,,,, You guys are great,, and this ole man thanks everyone of you,,, your gentlemen and scholars for sure,,, and im in your debt,,,,,,,, thanks again,,,, duane

66duane

i dont believe all this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

well guess what the printer works great if i had some software to use it with,,,,,,, im about out of money so i traded some vinylmaster xp software and guess what,,,,,,, it doesnt work,, now what,, anyone have any flexi for sale,,,,,,, i sure could use it, im getting really beat up with this whole print issue and mutoh says that the software has the drivers not mutoh,,,,,, is this true? thanks and i guess the fight isnt over,,,,,,,,, duane

CRD

Duane, VMP is cutter software not a printer/RIP software. Do not invest any time the stuff that came with the machine. Look for a used Flexi 8.1 version here at this forum. If in doubt first ask before you spend money anyway. Sell the VMP if you do not have a cutter. BTW the machine has a cutting knife but that is solely for cutting the material left ot right when the PRINT job is finished. Paco