• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh techs in Denver, Colorado Springs.

ddunn0707

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows of a Mutoh tech in the Denver, Colorado Springs area.

I have air in one of my magenta ink lines just above the print head. That cartridge is not getting any ink through the head at all. I changed the cartridge while the printer was off, I know I am not supposed to do this, but it happened and I think this is where the problem started, It has also been over a year on the maintenance station. I have a capping/maintenance station, dampers and wiper on order. The capping station and wiper I can replace no problem but I don't know how to do the dampers. It looks quite difficult.

I would like to try to do the dampers but I can't seem to find a service/maintenance manual for this machine. I know the manual exists because I have seen screenshots of it online. If anyone knows how I can get one it would be greatly appreciated.

The printer is an eco solvent Mutoh VJ628 (Prismjet VJ24) and I am using the Sign Warehouse LXI RIP software. Nozzle check shows all inks firing great except one of the magenta's is completely gone. Thanks in advance!
-Daniel

floater302

When they do show up to work on your machine, watch him closely to learn how to do it, there will be a time where your gonna have to work on it yourself, and it never hurts to do that .

ddunn0707

When they do show up to work on your machine, watch him closely to learn how to do it, there will be a time where your gonna have to work on it yourself, and it never hurts to do that .
I will certainly do that. I would attempt it with a service manual but not really comfortable doing it without one. I am pretty good with electronics and rebuilding mechanical things. These are relatively inexpensive as far as eco solvent printers are concerned. I have second one arriving in a couple days to ensure my workflow isn't interrupted too much. I am pretty committed to these machines now so the more I can learn the better. This printer has been perfect for what I do so I have no regrets.

floater302

I will certainly do that. I would attempt it with a service manual but not really comfortable doing it without one. I am pretty good with electronics and rebuilding mechanical things. These are relatively inexpensive as far as eco solvent printers are concerned. I have second one arriving in a couple days to ensure my workflow isn't interrupted too much. I am pretty committed to these machines now so the more I can learn the better. This printer has been perfect for what I do so I have no regrets.
Once you start doing stuff yourself on them you will hate and love them more,

ddunn0707

I spoke with Solvent Inkjet and they said they don't have any techs trained to work on the smaller machines (VJ628). Does anyone know of a Mutoh tech in the Colorado area that could work on this machine?