• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Value Cut II issues long material cutting

DavoLab

First post and I'm ready asking for help lol,

Here is the issue, i use the software flexistarter shipped with the machine, I am able to create the outline and marking lines to print and cut without issue, the problem is when the print is over 4 feet, the upper marks cannot be read, like the system read the upper marks shorter than what they are, by couple of inches.

Notice how on the actual canvas the marks are over 60" and on the preview cutting is under.

What could be my issue.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 5.47.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 5.47.43 PM.png
    929.3 KB · Views: 44

Ssignature

Two things: it’s most likely the paper feed adjust on the printer making the print the incorrect length. This is a user calibration. Secondly if the PF is ok, use Mutoh Segment Cutting or Mutoh Segment Positioning marks and it will draw marks every 2 feet to more accurately correct for length issues.

Gary Welch

Premium Subscriber
First post and I'm ready asking for help lol,

Here is the issue, i use the software flexistarter shipped with the machine, I am able to create the outline and marking lines to print and cut without issue, the problem is when the print is over 4 feet, the upper marks cannot be read, like the system read the upper marks shorter than what they are, by couple of inches.

Notice how on the actual canvas the marks are over 60" and on the preview cutting is under.

What could be my issue.

Thanks in Advance
Check to see if you have the current software update. Vertalith should be 7.4.0

DavoLab

Two things: it’s most likely the paper feed adjust on the printer making the print the incorrect length. This is a user calibration. Secondly if the PF is ok, use Mutoh Segment Cutting or Mutoh Segment Positioning marks and it will draw marks every 2 feet to more accurately correct for length issues.
Thank you, the printer is definitely not the mistake, I have a router for foam board and it does have marks similar to the mutoh and no issues. I'll do the 2 feet mark next, let me ask you why does not allow me to setup the material to anything larger than 52" on the width side.

Thank you again