• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Value Jet 1624 Print Head Issue

907Signs

I believe the print head is clogged. I have cleaned it and let it sit on a solvent soaked cloth. Still the same problem. It also looks like the Cyan is in my yellow. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just replace the head?

Thank you!

PRINT HEAD 2.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The cyan contaminating the yellow and the missing, unrecoverable nozzles are a sign that the maintenance station is not working properly. Usually I start with just replacing the cap top and flushing the waste lines to make sure the pump isn't clogged. If the station itself is more than 2 years old it might just be time for a new one as well.

The cross contamination might also be a sign that the head is damaged internally or the damper is failing as well. If the dampers are over a year old, you might think about replacing them as well. If you get a cap top and dampers in and can see ink flowing into the waste tank during cleanings and the head still doesn't recover, it's probably time for a new head.

907Signs

The cyan contaminating the yellow and the missing, unrecoverable nozzles are a sign that the maintenance station is not working properly. Usually I start with just replacing the cap top and flushing the waste lines to make sure the pump isn't clogged. If the station itself is more than 2 years old it might just be time for a new one as well.

The cross contamination might also be a sign that the head is damaged internally or the damper is failing as well. If the dampers are over a year old, you might think about replacing them as well. If you get a cap top and dampers in and can see ink flowing into the waste tank during cleanings and the head still doesn't recover, it's probably time for a new head.
I just installed a brand new maintenance station and flushed the waste lines. I can see ink flowing when it cleans, so I don't think its the pump. I will replace the dampers and hope that works. Thank you for your help it is appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just installed a brand new maintenance station and flushed the waste lines. I can see ink flowing when it cleans, so I don't think its the pump. I will replace the dampers and hope that works. Thank you for your help it is appreciated.
Yeah old worn out dampers fail to resist the pull back from the cartridge and it sucks ink from the cap top up into the channel. It's worth a shot for sure.