• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet... streaks???

Flame

Hey everyone, seeing if anyone has any suggestions. I got a Mutoh Valuejet 1204, and I am getting streaks across the surface of the media I am printing. Just BARELYYYY, but you can notice it. Like when a cheap printer runs out of ink.

I tried soaking the heads, multiple cleanings, and it's still doing it.

Any ideas???

907customs

have you cleaned around the print head with a q-tip? They tend to build up hair, lint, etc, and drag it across the prints if you don't keep them clean.

Idea Design

When I first got mine it would do this, probably a little more noticeable than what you describe here, but my solution was to put the head in the high position.

I should figure out what's going on, probably heat settings, but that's what I did in the interim.

greglauter

Did you do a couple of ink charges? And then run a nozzle check. If that doesn't solve it, you will probably have to take the head out of it's "carriage"and clean around it to make sure there is no extra residue etc. Make sure to us a lint free cloth, I use make up remover wedges.

Flame

Wait.... ink charge. Ok, what is that? I've owned this thing for 2 years and never heard of a ink charge...

ProWraps

oh just playin tellin you to post pics so we's can see whats going on. i had the same printer so i might be able to help. got ur pm sorry i didnt respond. busy and whatnot. just let me know when your coming down so i can be prepared!!!!!

Stealth Ryder

No on the ink charge... and pro.. what ya talking about bro?

ENTER
DOWN to Cleaning
RIGHT
DOWN to Little Charge
ENTER

Attachments

• LC.jpg
    LC.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 105

John Butto

banner material lately

I agree about the dragging of lint or something across material. Move carrage to the left and take the long foam tip and rub under with alcohol on right side, check with a flashlight to see if anything is there.

Stealth Ryder

"I am getting streaks across the surface of the media I am printing"

If you are sure there is nothing dragging thru the ink I would also suggest cleaning the Encoder Strip, when they get dirty it will sometimes cause nozzles to fire unexpected...

Flame

Definitely clogged nozzles... and makes sense because I didn't print much for a week....how to UNCLOG them is proving to be tricky.

Last edited: