• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My biggest wrap ever...

fmg

They were doing a local promotion at a local grocery store here in Ct and I just remembered I saw a wrapped vehicle of theirs in the car lot.Not as good as the one you have done. Just wanted to tell you that.

FrankenSigns.biz

Those "wings" were pretty dang complicated. I was given the art by their agency. We printed and installed. We did beef up the color and went through an extended proofing process. We also printed in HQ mode.

FrankenSigns.biz

I'm not sure. I think the original was 6" X 18" @ 600 dpi. Ultimately we enlarged that at 2,000% when we sent it to print. For best results, raster art should be to size at 100 dpi.

Custom_Grafx

Thank you for your prompt reply. I was curious as I also often go for 100-150dpi, but had a client supply something at around 40dpi the other day, printed it, and it still looks 'acceptable'. I was rather surprised, as I had never really pushed below 100 to see what would happen. I could see pixelation only from distances closer than about 1.5metres. Apart from that, it actually looked pretty good!

I'm not sure. I think the original was 6" X 18" @ 600 dpi. Ultimately we enlarged that at 2,000% when we sent it to print. For best results, raster art should be to size at 100 dpi.

FrankenSigns.biz

This does bring up an interesting point. I come from the offset printing side of the graphics industry. Anything less than 300 dpi to size is noticeable. An offset print of 72 dpi would look like hell, there is no doubt. But that same 72 dpi image printed on an inkjet might look completely acceptable. This might have something to do with the screening algorithms of inkjet.

HulkSmash

This does bring up an interesting point. I come from the offset printing side of the graphics industry. Anything less than 300 dpi to size is noticeable. An offset print of 72 dpi would look like hell, there is no doubt. But that same 72 dpi image printed on an inkjet might look completely acceptable. This might have something to do with the screening algorithms of inkjet.

72 dpi is just fine..........
only if you create it at full size at that resolution.