• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My city is getting very greedy

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Being in Florida, the main problem that they have is this contractor mafia system they have setup. They make it damn near impossible to get a license so you either have to fly under the radar or you get to "rent" someone else's license if you want to play the permit game. Sure you can make the argument that verifiable experience and all the other horseshit is a great way to keep the trades on the up and up but reality is that the people with the licenses end up being the pimps for those without licenses. It just raises the price of everything and you still technically end up with unlicensed people doing the work. It is the dumbest setup on earth and they wonder why the building costs in Florida are sky high.
TLDR: If they want people licensed, following the rules and pulling permits then they need to make the process easier and attainable for more people.