• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My First Try

DravidDavid

Could you post your omitted text? I'm interested to read what you really thought.

Ditchmiester, your second attempt is 100X better than your first. Much more structure and thought has gone in to it. I feel like the box with the star and 1 in it is getting a bit busy and going too far. It's just a case of try again. You will know you've got something that works. Keep posting more stuff.

I'll post a crap one, so that maybe you get some constructive criticism.
attachment.php

My mood was re-interpreted colours of the rainbow as a colour blind person. I wrote truxes in wingdings just to make sure advanced alien races can understand the logo in the future.

Attachments

• TRUXES.jpg
    TRUXES.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 152

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's too involved for a logo. Too many little unless tidbits. If you make that into an embroidered shirt or sweater, it wouldn't work well. An ad in a phone book won't fly. If you sponsored some event and had a small display, you'll need a magnifying glass to see the tiny detail. On the side of a truck, you'll be alright.

Keep in mind all the possible venues where one advertises when developing a logo for you........ or any customer coming into your store. It's more than just putting some ideas together on a screen, adding some colors or effects and claiming its a logo.

TimToad

Got back from dinner with my kid and thought I
would show you my other ideas...

When I saw this thread, I scrawled out a lot of ideas
quickly... I was actually not going to participate. It hasn't
always been a good experience for me. But sometimes
I can't help myself.

I used to work for 2 companies who specialized in
ADA signs. Too many companies add braille to their
logos that do not compliment the other elements.

After doodling these in Rapid Viz fashion, thinking about
elevators, braille, T and C, I googled "TC logo" and
ELEVATOR LOGO"... saw the lower right logo in there.
I think it works well in the square because you get that
elevator style arrow on there though it may be hard to
catch the T and C in there.

You'll find most things have been done, it's best to look at
stuff first then be inspired. I now tend to doodle first, then
look it up if my head is up to it.

When designing logos, spew out ideas, good or bad... do more
than one. I think I did 16 very rough ideas in about 20 minutes.
On occasion I can have 25 - 50 ideas, though most will never be
presented cuz they are really bad... There is often many solutions
to a problem, sometimes you have to walk away from it for a
while, then doodle/illustrate again. I'd work on a few ideas if
I were you...

I am right with you on how the brainstorming process should work. This one took less than five minutes and I hope you don't mind me glomming onto the direction you're last few took but with a nod to the original.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Truxes2.jpg
    Truxes2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 139

TimToad

Rick, I hope you don't mind if I took your idea and tweaked it a little bit. I also watched the video you posted and learned a lot just from watching that. Just keep it simple to start and don't over think it.

Edit: When I attached the image the color didn't show up quite how I wanted it too. Its supposed to be Pantone 801c For the blue.

attachment.php
If I may be so bold as to make a few observations about the process. Try to do most of your initial work in black and white or at least just shades of grey if you really must. Work on your typography with special attention to kerning, leading and font weights. Another area to pay attention to is message prioritization. While the icon of the box with the elevator floor is easily recognizable by anyone who has ever been in an elevator, you clubbed the rest of the logo over the head with it to the point where it overpowers the rest.

Ditchmiester

I am right with you on how the brainstorming process should work. This one took less than five minutes and I hope you don't mind me glomming onto the direction you're last few took but with a nod to the original.

attachment.php

Very Nice. You guys are all way better at this than I am. I'm still working on a couple more ideas. Thanks for all of your input.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I started off trying to use the inside part of the "X" for the motion of the elevator. I ended up with the up & down arrows on the bottom sample.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-03-16 at 12.07.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-03-16 at 12.07.52 PM.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 125

TimToad

Very Nice. You guys are all way better at this than I am. I'm still working on a couple more ideas. Thanks for all of your input.

Thanks, and that was with no time spent on kerning, full prioritization of messages, customization, etc. that's just straight text, the "button" element, etc.

Those other refinements would come after honing in on a few strong initial concepts.