• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my new logo

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
John Butto has been forced back to the boardwalk doing caricature art.

I think s101 even made him start smoking again...

player

Many great artists have been shunned by the mediocrity and critics only to be proclaim as genius after their death by the same groups...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many people are often misunderstood, but is it really their being misunderstood, or the sensitivity of the the viewers ??

Very interesting concept of being a racist or not. I've always been with the mindset we are all one race/species. Good ones, bad ones, fat ones too. We all inhale, exhale and use our inner canal the same, but if someone wishes to make a point, they strive to make us all different.

I've not really witnessed the horrible things John did, or was told about, but I really can't believe it could've been all that bad.

Did someone lose a limb or receive bad news from the bank due to these cartoons ?? Are we not all adults ?? Was someone's dog shot in the head or their first born sacrificed from this/these little quick renderings.

We're all participating in Fred's town and must abide by his rules....... how well I know this. If John was warned against these drawings, continued to ignore the warnings, then I imagine he knew there was a chance of receiving this sentence. Then perhaps, he was making a statement, disregarding his own consequences.

I do know he is generous with his help and knowledge of this industry, regardless of his quick wit and pencil. I've seen it first hand and saw it with countless other members.

I'm not defending his actions, as I am not a lawyer, but witnessed his help so many times.

I guess the thing I strongly suggest is wrong here, is so many people interpreting their own ideas and feelings, then speaking for the person, no longer here to defend themselves. You speak of him/her as if they were dead. No one ever spoke up when he was here, but now so many of you cowboys are really on your high horse.

Marlene

when Bly said he was going to steal it, John re-did it with a $50 not from Bly's country, just how is that make John a racist? when bashing, please read entire thread. since John isn't around any more to defend himself maybe this picture of a $50 dollar note will help those who just don't get anything and love to jump to conclusions.

Attachments

• fifty_note.jpg
    fifty_note.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 82

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
when Bly said he was going to steal it, John re-did it with a $50 not from Bly's country, just how is that make John a racist? when bashing, please read entire thread. since John isn't around any more to defend himself maybe this picture of a $50 dollar note will help those who just don't get anything and love to jump to conclusions.

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe there is more going on behind the scenes than ever before.

With all the recent crazy talk of logo designers, designers in general, free lance work and all the other sh!t around here, no one wants to directly help with anything on the boards, other than stoopid answers and brainless replies.

Personally, I just had such an episode, in which I didn't care to hang it out there, so I talked to some really close friends and got opinions and every one of them said to keep it off the boards. No one will give answers on here if there is any possible loop, forming guillotine. Lately, just about everything from asking for opinions to proudly displaying purchases to using particular medias.... results in an endless beginning of a casual reasoning then this response influences a second system influencing the first.... leading to a circular argument and one can't analyze anything because of all the bickering back & forth.

I'm here for the entertainment and while John Butto was gifted at doing that, I still don't understand the need for his 'leaving', although it was explained to me. However, while he was given the boot.... all the people complaining about him are also gone. So what good did it do ?? Why is it time and time again..... those doing all the complaining, after they get their way move on to ruin some other individual's freedom ??

Since being back, after my vacation, I find this place has changed. I can't put my finger on it enough to say how/why, but it is definitely not the same as even a year ago. Perhaps, the NHB section did more harm than good, but then perhaps, those participating in it, didn't understand the rules and needed to have them altered to fit their needs there, too. When they couldn't tolerate honesty, Fred needed to close it down. Again, the weak ones could not function and hadda have their way or cause doomsday once again. Like I said, it seems the ones doing all the bellyaching are gone.

We are now picking on each other and parting the waters even further, but I digress, for this is about John Butto being gone.... not the others who have caused much of this in their own twisted way.

Bly

I guess everyone is afraid of offending... anyone now.
Butto was banned for posting an unflattering pic of Dan.
The pic was presumably in the public domain so I don't know why he is upset.
Gee if I got offended every time someone posted a pic of me looking stupid on the net I would always be angry.