• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new sign installation lift...

Moze

Not perfect for every install, but there are some this will be perfect for. Working height (what you can reach) is about 17'. Fits through a 30" door.

Attachments

• 20160617_195354.jpg
    20160617_195354.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 20160617_202713.jpg
    20160617_202713.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 144

OldPaint

looking at the geometry ...........somebody is gona get hurt badly..........indoors ONLY.........AND not for heavy loads with the persons weight..........just dont reach for anything.

player

looking at the geometry ...........somebody is gona get hurt badly..........indoors ONLY.........AND not for heavy loads with the persons weight..........just dont reach for anything.

I was thinking the same thing. The tipping point looks scary...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not me, I was wondering if he could get it close enough to the water to practice some high diving into the pool.
It is really compact and I think I'd skip lunch before taking it up to full height.

wayne k
guam usa

Moze

THAT is cool. Did you make a ramp for your truck / van?

Unfortunately, it's a few inches too high for the van.. It will need to be trailered.

Do you seriously think Crown didn't think of the safety end of things? :rolleyes:

The thing weighs 1, 400 pounds - it's not going to tip over.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hope it works out for you. I don't see any controls. Can you just go up and down ?? Does it turn or can you drive around while in the air ?? Rough terrain, might be a little clumsy, but I'm sure you took that all into consideration, as you said it fits through 30" openings. I could see hanging lotsa signs from the ceiling in a store, but a ladder would be just as good...... and a regular scissors lift even better. Not knocking it. Sometimes we just get carried away with gadgets. The high divey sounds like a wonderful idea. :peace!:

FS-Keith

Im you will find some use for it, not much reach though.I go higher on my a ladders. We just picked up a 1930 genie scissor lift and tilt trailer in january and its been great to have on interior jobs and awnings

Moze

Hope it works out for you. I don't see any controls. Can you just go up and down ?? Does it turn or can you drive around while in the air ?? Rough terrain, might be a little clumsy, but I'm sure you took that all into consideration, as you said it fits through 30" openings. I could see hanging lotsa signs from the ceiling in a store, but a ladder would be just as good...... and a regular scissors lift even better. Not knocking it. Sometimes we just get carried away with gadgets. The high divey sounds like a wonderful idea. :peace!:

It goes up and down, drives and turns both when lowered and raised, 5mph when lowered, slower when raised. It's intended use is for flat, indoor surfaces.

There are times a ladder is better than any lift. There are times a lift is better than any ladder. I find myself in both situations pretty regularly. I've installed numerous sets of letters/signs where this would have been a perfect alternative to going up and down a ladder 15 times to hang a pattern and another 20 times to install letters.

It's rated for a 300 pound operator, the deck can hold 250 pounds and the 'tray' can hold 200 pounds. There are small 'pouches' on the tower that are perfect for drills, levels, etc.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 152
  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 147
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 146

player

I was thinking if you had a wide sign box you lift up and it goes off balance.

It looks perfect for your indoor letters.

Moze

Im you will find some use for it, not much reach though.I go higher on my a ladders. We just picked up a 1930 genie scissor lift and tilt trailer in january and its been great to have on interior jobs and awnings

I don't really need much reach. I install non-illuminated signs and this will probably reach 90-something percent of what I install. Ladders are great for some jobs, but going up and down a ladder 20, 30, 40 times to hang a pattern, retrieve letters, etc. gets a bit old.

I was thinking if you had a wide sign box you lift up and it goes off balance.

It looks perfect for your indoor letters.

Yeah, this definitely isn't for cabinet-hanging.

FS-Keith

As long as it works for you thats all that matters. My only thought was that if you have to trailer it, it would be nice to have a little bit bigger platform and reach. the 1930 would be perfect for you. But you can always upgrade when the time comes. congrats on the new toy

CanuckSigns

As someone who also does a lot of interior work I can see this being very useful. There are quite a few times where I need to get up 12-15 feet in the middle of a hospital lobby to hang a sign, with this you can take the sign plus all your tools with you!

Moze

As long as it works for you thats all that matters. My only thought was that if you have to trailer it, it would be nice to have a little bit bigger platform and reach. the 1930 would be perfect for you. But you can always upgrade when the time comes. congrats on the new toy

Yeah, having to trailer it irks me. I was really hoping it would fit in the van. Oh well... I'll keep the 1930 in mind for the future though, thanks Keith.

Moze

As someone who also does a lot of interior work I can see this being very useful. There are quite a few times where I need to get up 12-15 feet in the middle of a hospital lobby to hang a sign, with this you can take the sign plus all your tools with you!

Yeah, it's perfect for that kind of stuff.

T_K

I'd be interested in hearing some follow up evaluation after you've had some experience using it on jobs. I'm looking at lifts in the future, as we're working our way into more wall signage, and reviews are always helpful.

Moze

The thing is pretty difficult to drive backwards in confined spaces. The front wheels swivel, so it takes a minute for them to line up and for the lift to get going the right direction. Anyway, got it painted up, picked up a little 5x8 trailer and put together some ramps. I'll be using it on my first job on Thursday.

Attachments

• Trailer 01.jpg
    Trailer 01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Trailer 06.jpg
    Trailer 06.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 20160717_155849.jpg
    20160717_155849.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 20160717_152605.jpg
    20160717_152605.jpg