• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new website built around wordpress

HeavyHitter

www.509media.com

I am working on a new site. Check it out and let me know what you think. I still have some SEO work to do. I will be adding product and a lot more content in the next few days.

For those who may not now. WordPress is a content management system of sorts. It is a little like Joomla and Drupal, but much easier to work with on the back end. For larger sites Drupal or Joomla might be a better choice.

The plus side to a wordpress site is you have tons of content which google can find. If you choose to upload content.

Thanks
Dan

HeavyHitter

Not bad, personally I like Joomla over Wordpress but they have their pros & cons.

Joomla is nice as well. For what I needed Wordpress was a better fit.

I am still making changes to the site. Be sure to check back in. I just added a beat up metal back ground. I have to fix a couple things in CSS to make the text show at the bottom of the page.

Dan

Craig Sjoquist

Myself even though ya did a nice job

does not like the small copy .. would skim most and only read what's needed to know

to me does not impress me as a graphics company cause it looks starchy

HeavyHitter

does not like the small copy .. would skim most and only read what's needed to know

Like I said I am just getting started with this site. I should have waited to post it up, but I needed a way to let people know where I am now. I have a lot of people following me from the offroad industry that want to know how to contact me know.

Dan

jfiscus

Rap Master
So, can I ask how you are getting all the offroad business?
Just cold calling or are you in the right area?
Website looks great btw in my opinion.

HeavyHitter

Doyle

I am building a similar site for my own business (based on wordpress) and was wondering if you created your own theme for this site and if so, what software did you use? I am currently experimenting with a program called Artisteer which makes it super-easy to make a wordpress theme, but find that it may be lacking the customization that I want.

I have been gathering all of the plugins and widgets that I want to incorporate as well as learning how to use them all. I want a site that is really easy to update, and I have very limited website programming skills, still don't have a handle on CSS, so Artisteer really helps with that, as you don't need to know ANY CSS or programming. I also plan on making my website/facebook/twitter etc. all tie right together, and this seems the best way. My blog entries can automatically post to my facebook and twitter which is a big plus.

Any advice?
BTW the site looks great!

stephenj148

think it looks.

i've been looking into building a word press site but have no idea how to do it. How do you build your wordpress sites?

Dice

Very Nice.

FYI on the bottom you have some black text on a black background. Google could consider that as Black Hat SEO and Delist you. I know it's just the copyright, but you never know what Google will do. Better to change it to white.

HeavyHitter

I am building a similar site for my own business (based on wordpress) and was wondering if you created your own theme for this site and if so, what software did you use? I am currently experimenting with a program called Artisteer which makes it super-easy to make a wordpress theme, but find that it may be lacking the customization that I want.

I have been gathering all of the plugins and widgets that I want to incorporate as well as learning how to use them all. I want a site that is really easy to update, and I have very limited website programming skills, still don't have a handle on CSS, so Artisteer really helps with that, as you don't need to know ANY CSS or programming. I also plan on making my website/facebook/twitter etc. all tie right together, and this seems the best way. My blog entries can automatically post to my facebook and twitter which is a big plus.

Any advice?
BTW the site looks great!

I started with a freebee theme called Mimbo. I don't really like the theme but it gets the job done. I am working on a new theme for the site. I just need some extra time in the day to get it done.

I checked out Artisteer a while back. Dreamweaver and notepad get the job done for me. You can find a lot of good videos for free on youtube. If you don't mind spending a little coin check out www.lynda.com Plenty to learn from there on a lot of subjects.

HeavyHitter

Very Nice.

FYI on the bottom you have some black text on a black background. Google could consider that as Black Hat SEO and Delist you. I know it's just the copyright, but you never know what Google will do. Better to change it to white.

Yeah I know.... I put off changing it because I have been working on a new theme for the site. I guess I need to fix it or finish the new one. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dan

HeavyHitter

think it looks.

i've been looking into building a word press site but have no idea how to do it. How do you build your wordpress sites?

You need to learn a little about CSS and PHP pages is you want to manually change pages. If you are just starting out it might be good to find a theme and make a few mods to is to suit your needs.

Graffix

Not nice to bash!!

Well, it is still in the works!

Last edited: