• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a cmyk print from a fellow edge owner

artofacks1

Please message me if you can print 11.8 X 24 cmyk.

I will mail you the convex material and the file I will have ready to print.

I just need such a small piece and don't want to buy the cyan and magenta foils for something that small.

Thanks for your replies. Need a 3 day turn around please.

artofacks1

By the way guys and gals... I use Omega and it will be all set up. Just open and print. I will supply the material and fed ex return lable to cover all shippings.

2 signs101 members pm me but they use flexi. I didn't even know flexi was a viable option for gerber edge fx until today.

Thanks again,
Robert

artofacks1

1st project since i got my equipment that required full color. I know its more cost effective to just pay for the print. Once the client commits to full run of decals I would go ahead and buy the foils.

For now paying for a 24" print run is way more cost effective.

+1 just get the foils. not like they go bad

Sign Works

Just pick up the phone and call local sign shops. Can't be that hard to find a sign shop using a Gerber Edge in So Cal.

Sign Works

you would be surpised. LOL!!!

Up here franchise shops like Fast Signs have kept their Gerber edges in service along with larger inkjets. Shoot I still use my Roland Thermal Printer at least once a week, printed $1,300 in decals on my old door stop boat anchor just this week. Good luck in finding a local Edge.

artofacks1

Up here franchise shops like Fast Signs have kept their Gerber edges in service along with larger inkjets. Shoot I still use my Roland Thermal Printer at least once a week, printed $1,300 in decals on my old door stop boat anchor just this week. Good luck in finding a local Edge.

If you fly me down, I'll bring the print with me!

Ha! I guess Ill just have to pony up thr cash for the foils and call it a day.

Drip Dry

Not being a jerk here, but in my experience, the Gerber edge doesn't print 4 color very well. It's generally very grainy.
It doesn't compare to what the inkjets can print today. You may be better having someone print on an inkjet. I'm sure the guy down the street has one if you don't.

BTW you need 4 cartridges

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not being a jerk here, but in my experience, the Gerber edge doesn't print 4 color very well. It's generally very grainy.
It doesn't compare to what the inkjets can print today. You may be better having someone print on an inkjet. I'm sure the guy down the street has one if you don't.

The OP has an Edge FX which will print at a higher resolution than many inkjets. Any other issues can be dealt with very well with appropriate dot pattern selection and LPI settings.

BTW you need 4 cartridges

The OP already stated that he already has two of the four needed.

artofacks1

This is the crap the down the street rolands do...
attachment.php

I'm good I seen way better prints from the Edge FX than that.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 118

Sign Works

Neither of my Roland printers would put out crap like that, not the thermal resin nor the inkjet. There is an obvious printhead issue going on there. Oh and if they did I sure as hell wouldn't try and sell it as acceptable print quality, it is amazing what some shops will let out the door.

CanuckSigns

Neither of my Roland printers would put out crap like that, not the thermal resin nor the inkjet. There is an obvious printhead issue going on there. Oh and if they did I sure as hell wouldn't try and sell it as acceptable print quality, it is amazing what some shops will let out the door.
+1

that would never leave my shop, the printer that produced those has a serious issue that needs to be addressed!

Drip Dry

The OP has an Edge FX which will print at a higher resolution than many inkjets. Any other issues can be dealt with very well with appropriate dot pattern selection and LPI settings.

I know your an Edgehead from way back as well as I, and will defend Gerber to the end, but I stand on my comment that most inkjets today will print 4 color process much better that the newest of Edges.
I still use my Edge a couple of times a week. It can't be beat when printing spot colors, but has it's faults with trapping and 4 color process. For those jobs, I'll use my injet

==================================
==================================
Funny, I don't see anywhere that the OP said he already has 2 of the 4 cartridges. I don't have any idea how much experience he has. Maybe he thinks he only needs 2.
You assumed by his post that he already had 2. You know what happens when you assume.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Funny, I don't see anywhere that the OP said he already has 2 of the 4 cartridges. I don't have any idea how much experience he has. Maybe he thinks he only needs 2.
You assumed by his post that he already had 2. You know what happens when you assume.

From the OP's post #1:

I just need such a small piece and don't want to buy the cyan and magenta foils for something that small.

Having read most of his other posts and helped him on some of them, I am confident that he knows how many process foils are needed to produce a 4 color process print.

artofacks1

Oh yes. I worked in the off set printing world for years. I understand the cyan, magenta, yellow and black.

I Have black and yellow and was hoping I did not have to buy magenta and cyan. We specialize in decals for sports helmets and do spot. However, our client wants his helmet decals to have a couple of clear spots with cmyk fire Plus white. Anyhow, the project is printing cmyk plus white on clear convex material.

No one has the time to do it, it's all good. I'll have to turn down the job, make them order more, or gamble and buy the foils and hope I can use them on other projects.