• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need adobe -- which one

1robbie

I currently use CS2 but am upgrading computers to win 7.
I really only use the photoshop side of the program.
Which adobe product do you recommend upgrading to?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
If possible, try to find a copy of CS6, that way you'll have a little more latitude with opening the older files. I believe CS5 was the first 64 bit program. Speed is worth it...I wouldn't go back any further than that (CS5). When the Creative Cloud took over, there was a period of about 6 months where you could still purchase the stand alone CS software. That is no longer the case.

"Back in the day" you could get older Adobe software fairly cheap on ebay. That's obviously changed since then.

JB

petepaz

if you are going to upgrade get CS6 or cloud version with anything less you will have trouble opening new files. we have cs6 and already are starting to get the "this was created with a newer version of illustrator and can not be opened" it's not bad yet but as more and more upgrade to the cloud version it will be a problem

Techman

I use cs2 on win 7,, Never had a challenge and never see the mythical yet dreaded 'this was created with' ,,Blah Blah nonsense..

WildWestDesigns

I use cs2 on win 7,, Never had a challenge and never see the mythical yet dreaded 'this was created with' ,,Blah Blah nonsense..

Really?

Even with CS6, I'll see the attached.

Funny thing is that same file, if you were to "Place" the eps file into a new document, it works. Try to open the EPS outright and you get that msg.

Attachments

• Can't Open.jpg
    Can't Open.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 92