• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Getting Machine to Run Off PC

Name is Mike. I purchased a Vinyl Express GRC-61 cutting machine from my wife's friend who's ex-husband was in the business and left the machine in her garage along with 20 clip art and design CDs. Unfortunately she knows nothing about the machine or the business. Hell, it took 3 weeks before she identified and found the program key.

My problem is, now that I have hooked the machine up to my desktop (Windows XP) I can't get the job to send to the cutter. I find that a couple of the selected ports will read sent. The others say not a useable port. Either way, no response from cutting machine.

Can anyone help me figure this our?

thewvsignguy

Check signwarehouse.com/support for the driver. I used to have the old LXI master software and make sure you choose the right cutter (GRC-61) in your production manager.

Make sure you are using the correct cable to connect the cutter with the computer. You will have to use a R32?? null serial modem cable, any other type of serial cable might work but the cutter will not respond to some of the software commands.