• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help how to do these outline

tomence

here is a picture and would like to know how to do that outline around the big name.

Attachments

• dusluk1.jpg
    dusluk1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 91

Mosh

Uh, seriously? SignLab OUTLINE tool (2 passes), Corelx4 contour tool (2 passes)

JR's

Hi Tomence,
there is two ways you can do it in signlab.

Choose the word or select it then add a white outline then on the white outline outline it again in red. Welled the outlines and there you have it.

The other way you can do that if your program has multiple outlines.

JR

meb

Let me make sure I understand what you're asking. You'd like to know how to create the red area on the outside of the large name so that you can cut it in vinyl or print it? I prefer Adobe Illustrator. Select path, offset path us pathfinder to expand to new size, then fill with red.

Last edited:

tomence

actually i dont want to cut it i want to pad printed on pens but have hard time doing that outline around the big name and also i only have coreldraw x3 so no signlab no illustrator. i wish i had any of those programs but i dont at this time. So if anyone can tell me step by step in corel using the contour tool.
thanks

Mosh

In corel x3...Select the lettering. choose the interactive contour cut icon in the tool menu. (looks like a bunch of boxes inside each other. Once you do this a top menu will open letting you choose how many outlines and how thick and outling color and fill color and such.

gnemmas

In CorelX3, type in a text size 300 points, use "outline pe" tool at the left column, outline .4", red, behind fills, then duplicate this text in place (on top), change the outline pen to .2" white.

Mosh

That is only an outline pen, not a vector of it. If you resize you will change the looks of it. Contour is the way to go. just seperate the contour and make the inner one white.

joeshaul

Contour with 2 steps, break contour group apart, ungroup all, then Arrange, Shaping, Combine

This will make it so the middle area is "knocked out". If you have a colored background the color will now show through on the background. If you do not want any color, you can change the middle area to white and group, however depending on what your application is, this may not be what you want (IE for pad printing if there's separations, the white may show up).

signmeup

In Corel you can click "change outline to object" to turn outlines into vectors. The contour tool is better though.