• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Quick Please

Signed Out

Have a sheriff car in getting lettered. The car is black, doors have been wrapped white, not by us I assumed from the factory. After removing registration marks (layered vinyl job) off the wrapped doors, it appears that the door wrap had a liquid laminate on it. The reg. marks pulled some of this off so this off so now there are little patches of unlaminated vinyl. Why would these be laminated? I have attached a picture of the problem.

If this is liquid lam, would I be able to tape off and spray some in, try to blend it? Any suggestions on what to do here? Is it normal for something like this to be liquid laminated, its white vinyl?

:banghead:

liq lam.jpg

Signed Out

Anybody?

Very tempted to tape the problem areas off, wet sand, and try to blend in with some spray liquid lam. If that doesn't work I might have to re wrap the doors and then re letter them. Or maybe try a patch first but I know that will look like chit. Would just like to hear some advice before doing so. We never liquid lam anything so I don't know how this will work out.

Since we discovered this problem we've been laying transfer tape on the wrapped parts of the vehicle where the registration marks will land, so they can be peeled off without damaging the wrap.

threeputt

Do many law enforcement vehicles. They are, as you say, usually black. We wrap the four doors in white and letter them.

I have never seen, nor do I know of, any shop who applies liquid laminate over cast vinyl. Are you absolutely sure that's what's going on?

Signed Out

I'm pretty sure that is what's going on. Can you see the little patches right below the flash in the picture? Those are where the lam peeled up.

This is a brand new vehicle, I have spoke with the sheriff about the problem and he says the car came with the door and roof wrapped right from ford.

I can't for the life of me understand why they would laminate the white vinyl, let alone with liquid laminate.

player

Redo the doors and negotiate an up charge for the extra work.

when stuff like this happens, we are allowed to bill more.

If your electrician give you a quote for a new plug buut then discovers your house
wiring is not up to code, he bills you for the extra unknown variables, and you should
too.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Maybe the wrapped doors had a protective film on them that you did not know about?