• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need HELP!!! This blue gradient prints purple!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Still working on this stupid gradient! I had it printed 3 times and it's still printing purple on the bottom. I was told they cannot color match a gradient and to "make it more blue". No - my printer is not up and running yet and I wish it was! I don't know what to do! Why is this happening?
1640710268614.png

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
My guess is that deep dark blue has a lot of magenta in it and their profile is off making it even more magenta. Or their RIP is really messing with the color profile. Do you have the native vector artwork for it?

Stacey K

I like making signs
My guess is that deep dark blue has a lot of magenta in it and their profile is off making it even more magenta. Or their RIP is really messing with the color profile. Do you have the native vector artwork for it?
Yes this is what I was sent...maybe it does look a little purple?

Attachments

• XTREMEfinalOL_Patios (4).pdf
    703.5 KB · Views: 117

Vohaul

Ya that PDF only contains images

No vector art….. makes it tougher to colour match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I took a look at the color of the gradients in Illustrator and that color at the bottom is definitely purple. 90C 84M 0Y 0K. The blue it is transitioning into only has 20M.

Vohaul

Still working on this stupid gradient! I had it printed 3 times and it's still printing purple on the bottom. I was told they cannot color match a gradient and to "make it more blue". No - my printer is not up and running yet and I wish it was! I don't know what to do! Why is this happening?
View attachment 157147
Hey Stacey,

ignore my earlier comment, Try this, i tweaked the colour in the gradient to have less magenta......should work far better...

Attachments

• XTREMEfinalOL_Patios-rev.pdf
    726.1 KB · Views: 121

Adam Vreeke

As others have stated above the original blue was pumped full of magenta, so if they don't have their printer profiled at all or are using the wrong one, I have no doubt that this could easily turn purple.

What Vohaul did was he cut the magenta nearly in half and put some black in it to darken it back up, this should theoretically work with taking the magenta out.

I would also ask the printer wtf they were thinking releasing something that was obviously meant to be dark blue when it printed purple. I sure hope you didn't have to pay for those 3 reprints. I understand not doing an exact PMS color match with a gradient as some programs this is very hard to do, but to not even get in the same ballpark is a bit disgusting.

Vohaul

As others have stated above the original blue was pumped full of magenta, so if they don't have their printer profiled at all or are using the wrong one, I have no doubt that this could easily turn purple.

What Vohaul did was he cut the magenta nearly in half and put some black in it to darken it back up, this should theoretically work with taking the magenta out.

I would also ask the printer wtf they were thinking releasing something that was obviously meant to be dark blue when it printed purple. I sure hope you didn't have to pay for those 3 reprints. I understand not doing an exact PMS color match with a gradient as some programs this is very hard to do, but to not even get in the same ballpark is a bit disgusting.

I worked in a print sign shop for 20 years before goin out on my own….. this happened all the time….. especially with Pantone’s like reflex blue…. Looks blue, printed purple….. hopefully this helps

Adam Vreeke

I worked in a print sign shop for 20 years before goin out on my own….. this happened all the time….. especially with Pantone’s like reflex blue…. Looks blue, printed purple….. hopefully this helps

I get that colors like reflex blue print like that, but if the customer requested reflex blue and on the first print it printed purple, did you send it out like that? Or did you do some quality control and get it to at least be close to reflex blue?

Vohaul

I get that colors like reflex blue print like that, but if the customer requested reflex blue and on the first print it printed purple, did you send it out like that? Or did you do some quality control and get it to at least be close to reflex blue?

I usually fixed it……

There was one time though that it slipped through and printed purple ….

The customer preferred the purple…. Go figure

Stacey K

I like making signs
Hey Stacey,

ignore my earlier comment, Try this, i tweaked the colour in the gradient to have less magenta......should work far better...
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see just looking at this that it's MUCH BETTER!!!! I super duper appreciate this!!!!!