• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help with Beveled text with bitmap fill corel draw x7

kheebl

How do I create a Bevel effect with a bitmap fill? I know how to make the text beveled and i know how to make the text have a bitmap fill I just don't know how to do both together. I am using corel draw x7. I could also use Illustrator i just prefer corel draw

Here is the effect I am trying to copy the word TORMENTA. I know this is a cheesy design but the customer wants this exact image on magnets for his truck.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1052209_577381282336110_1898609039_o.jpg
    1052209_577381282336110_1898609039_o.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 165

rjssigns

I'd use the supplied jpeg and UpRes it with OnOne software and call it a day. Standard car door magnets are not worth the hassle of recreating. Unless of course you're getting paid to rebuild the file.

Theft and loss rate of magnets doesn't justify perfection either. JMO

SignManiac

I would take the time to rebuild the name properly using all upper case Old English. It would be easy to clone out the old lettering and then drop the new name on top.

Attachments

• tormented.jpg
    tormented.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 110

kheebl

I'd use the supplied jpeg and UpRes it with OnOne software and call it a day. Standard car door magnets are not worth the hassle of recreating. Unless of course you're getting paid to rebuild the file.

Theft and loss rate of magnets doesn't justify perfection either. JMO

I have never used OnOne before, i just downloaded a trial and am going to see how it works out. Thanks for the tip

kheebl

I would take the time to rebuild the name properly using all upper case Old English. It would be easy to clone out the old lettering and then drop the new name on top.

If I can't get the above to work, I think I will just call the customer and do what you are suggesting. The funny thing about this is the customer created this in Word, I didn't even know Word could do such effects lol. I HATE WORD!!

kheebl

I think i got it about as good as I can get it with that OnOne program. It definitely looks better than what I started with. The customer had a 2'x6' banner made up (by someone else) from the original file and is happy with it so this one will come out much better I think. Would I put it on my vehicle, NOPE but whatever.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DJ Tormenta.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 135

rjssigns

I think i got it about as good as I can get it with that OnOne program. It definitely looks better than what I started with. The customer had a 2'x6' banner made up (by someone else) from the original file and is happy with it so this one will come out much better I think. Would I put it on my vehicle, NOPE but whatever.

attachment.php

Glad it worked out for you. Onone rocks.

kheebl

Well i finally figured out how to do this effect. I posed in the corel forums on their site and this is the response I got. Here is the how to if anyone is interested.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6663.1.jpg
    6663.1.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 138