• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with contour cuting

DiverseSigns

Hey Guys so i ordered some concept 235 (4mil) & 238 over lam (12mil), now i have problems cutting when i feed it back in after lamination. Doesn't seem to cut deep enough? Is there something i maybe doing wrong or maybe the blade I'm using is not right? (60 degree Roland) Any help would be much appreciated.

PRINTER | Roland VS-540

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I had a horrible time with this combo as well. I got it set finally to cut fairly well with 2 passes, but the blade also was set so low that it was dragging across the rest of the graphics when moving from to cut to cut, so looks like a ton of scratches. I'm not sure what the solution is, besides hand cutting.

reQ

No idea how to help if you cut it with the printer. I am cutting same thickness material after laminating with my GX640. Some one showed small trick few months ago here - Just tape cleaning swab that you use to clean print heads to the blade carrying cartridge the way, it would press on the material, so the blade does not drag over the graphics. Works for me