• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need recommendation for entry level flatbed cutter

bigben

I was looking at colex for flatbed cutter. I can't afford it for now. Is there other options less expensive and compatible with caldera rip? I want to either buy a less expensive model or wait 2-3 years to buy a colex (or similar).

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The only budget machines i would point someone to is the Summa F1612. or Colex SXC1717
And they're not so much budget, but anything less is chinese and probably not great.

garyroy

Take a look at this

Cmykengineering.com

Flatbed cutters

I know nothing about the company or the machine but it looked good when I first saw it some time ago.
Ask them if they have any machines installed near you.
If you buy one let us know how it works.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Following... My boss is looking to get a flatbed cutter. Ideally to work with Asante, for our flatbed printer. and I'd like it to work with onyx as well, for possibly cutting vinyl.

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
We installed an iEcho TK4S and I really can't fault the quality for the price based. It certainly doesn't have the polished finished when compared to Zund's build quality and software, but the machine and tooling on it is perfect for a first machine to see you through the next 4-5+ years.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I've got a customer in Michigan looking to sell a CWT Apex router...it appears to be the Iecho device. it has a conveyor for rolls of prints and works well. He's asking $40K for the unit. I'd have to check on Caldera compatability....you can email me if you want to learn more.

Mike Perth

Hey BB
If possible outsource your FB cutting in the short term. We printed with Onyx, generated Zund marks and dropped off the media and cut file on a thumb drive to a local printer for finishing.
Of course we had issues with timing as they fitted in our jobs when the Zund was free but we managed that as we had so much time freed up. I looks at EVERY cheaper option for our own FB/trimming option over 2 years and eventually purchased a 1612....we’ve never looked back (should have done it years ago). You say you can’t afford it right now....truth is a week in from owning one you’ll be looking at new markets and will have no idea how you managed without it....it will literally change your life. Good luck, stop overthinking it (I’m the world champ of procrastination) and sign the order.