• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help with this effect

kheebl

I am tracing this logo and have everything all done except I am trying to copy the text effect, not sure what to call it. Almost looks like it is 3D or a shadow. I have been trying to figure out how it is done but am having no luck. I am using Draw x7. I know I could just trace it but the original is so blurry I am having a tough time with that option.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• amelogo1.jpg
    amelogo1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 155
  • amelogo.png
    amelogo.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 152

rdm01

Copy your white text, and swap it to have no fill and a white stroke. Position it behind the white text and nudge it over a little and down a little. Viola.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Copy your white text, and swap it to have no fill and a white stroke. Position it behind the white text and nudge it over a little and down a little. Viola.

Yep yep,
or do a 2 step contour > separate > combine >fill with white > offset right/down

wayne k
guam usa

kheebl

I got the effect to work, but now when I try to fill in the red space between the letters and the outline, the outline I made seems to almost disappear, it goes from a 3pt line to almost a hairline, not sure what I am doing wrong. Look at the "A". It looks blurry still because it is still on top of the bitmap I traced it from.
attachment.php

Attachments

• AME Logo.pdf
    442.8 KB · Views: 127

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You need to set the stroke in front of the fill.

With your path selected press F12
In the box look at the bottom and clear the checkmark on the "behind fill" option.
Adjust the size as it will most likely be too thick.
Should work.

wayne k
guam usa

kheebl

You need to set the stroke in front of the fill. With your path selected press F12 In the box look at the bottom and clear the checkmark on the "behind fill" option. Adjust the size as it will most likely be too thick. Should work. wayne k guam usa

Thanks I'll give that a try. Sorry I am still learning Corel draw.

kheebl

I just tried pressing F12 and the behind fill is not checked. is there another setting I may have overlooked.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
In the pdf you uploaded you have too many overlapping paths (38).
The part under the "A" was filled with red but didn't have an outline on it.
The white line you see is from the shape under it that is filled with white and has the outline.
You need to simplify it down, combine all the red parts and clean up the white to a single path and let it float on top of the red.
To do the offset I used the contour option with a little node editing to cover the gaps.
this file has just 3 paths and the bitmap.
You could reduce it down to one path if you were going to cut it from red vinyl with the voids being white.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• ame-1.pdf
    60.7 KB · Views: 118

kheebl

I thought I got the file all cleaned up ready to go into flexi to cut and i am getting a weird line through the logo and it wants to cut both red and white, I just need the red cut. I don't know why this is kicking my butt so bad.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ame weird.jpg
    ame weird.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 127

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like it tried to auto close one of the inner paths.

I looked at the pdf I reposted and it still had stacked paths in the letters and the outer red paths.
Try this one

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• ame-2.pdf
    12.6 KB · Views: 129

kheebl

it is still doing that weird line, I cant see it at all on the corel side, but when imported in flexi it suddenly shows up.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You are right.
there are stacked nodes at each end of that slash.
Maybe Flexi's import filter sees them and tries to close up the path?
Normally "reduce nodes" in Corel cleans this up - I ran it more than once on the earlier files but it missed them.
Try this........

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• ame-3.pdf
    7.6 KB · Views: 104

kheebl

You are right.
there are stacked nodes at each end of that slash.
Maybe Flexi's import filter sees them and tries to close up the path?
Normally "reduce nodes" in Corel cleans this up - I ran it more than once on the earlier files but it missed them.
Try this........

wayne k
guam usa

That FIXED IT! Thank You so much!

If I ever travel to Guam I am going to buy you a Beer.