• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some information on the FFC socket in the CJV30-60

CodeHorror

Hi all,

I picked up a Mimaki CJV30-60 at auction. It was listed as faulty and I got it for a good price.

I took her apart and noticed the FFC socket on the mainboard was broken. There was no clip to hold the cable it. Somebody had tried to desolder it and part of the plastic was melted with some lifted pads.

I can repair it quite easily. I've repaired the pads, but I cant find any information on what FFC socket I need. It's the smaller FFC socket that's responsible for the printer head memory etc.

Any information on this socket would be great. I've attached an image.

Thanks!

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 200

CodeHorror

Any idea where I can get these sockets? I ordered from 2 different places, were meant to be 1mm but they sent 0.5mm. I asked why and they said they don't stock the 1mm.

I've got an idea where I can use that connector, and print a small breakout type board. I'd rather just get the replacement part though. I'd really love to get this working and starting using it for my own business.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I usually use Mouser Electronics or DigiKey for that type of stuff here in the US. Not sure if they ship to you but I wouldn't be surprised.

CodeHorror

I think that's it. I don't think 1mm are common and as I only need 1 they're probably not keeping stock around. Going to check newark and do some more digging around.

netsol

you need a distributor who regularly brings semiconductors and connectors in from the large manufacturers
AS A COURTESY, they allow these guys to add nusance items on to weekly/monthly orders, where they have already made the order minimum. it may be back ordered a cycle or two, but it WILL BE PROCESSED

i retired Feb. 2020. i will reach out and see if any of the friends i had 3 years ago are still working (& breathing, of course) & will do me a favor & place the order
it can't hurt to try

netsol

just a thought.
might it not be easier, to purchase a pair of mating connectors, with the "improper" pitch and change both mating connectors, on both boards?

my approach then, would be to purchase a pair of each and keep "spares" in case of future board failure