• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never Forget......................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
never forget.jpg

:wavingflag::unclesam::wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag: :unclesam: :wavingflag: :unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam::wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam: :wavingflag::unclesam:

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
I remember too well.
I was at the Javits center setting up our booth to show printers and laminators at the show that week.
I didn’t see the first plane hit but we all saw the 2nd one since everyone was out on 12th Avenue with a clear view.
It still feels like it happened last month.

jochwat

Graphics Department
22 years ago, my buddy Paul and I were packing up to come back home from a weekend at the fishing cabin in the Upper Peninsula (specifically, Crystal Falls, Michigan). I was cleaning up the bathroom, last minute inspections, etc., when Paul yelled out for me to "come look at this." I went to the living room where he had the TV on, showing an image of the towers, one with a huge burning hole in it.

"They're saying a plane flew straight into the building", he said. I watched as we briefly gave opinions of what possibly might have happened, wondering if it was an accident, intentional, or who knows what... "HOLY SHIT, THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!" I yelled, right as the second plane hit.

At that point we knew it wasn't accidental. And as more and more news was reported, and the possibilities of other major cities having similar plans, our 6-7 hour drive home wasn't filled with the usual off-color jokes and breathless laughter. It was just the sound of the radio, and near silence from both of us. It was the most surreal drive home from the cabin that we've ever experienced.

It filled my heart and everyone was so friendly, helpful, loving after that tragedy. The country was never so close, so bonded.

But now look at ugly division in this country.

Everyone wants to say they've never forgotten.

Well, they may have not forgotten the attack on our cities.

But they've certainly forgotten something else.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I was pregnant with my first child and thought, "what kind of world am I bringing a baby into?"

CBS came out with a nice video set that I purchased for my son. It has all the broadcasting they did that day. We watched it once or twice and it's very chilling to watch again.

JBurton

Signtologist
I was in 8th grade, they kept us in the dark. Aside from a teacher crying in the hall, or the litany of missing kids, you wouldn't know sh*t hit the fan like it did.
Fun fact, I got married 9.10.11, aside from the least forgettable date, I have a yearly reminder set up with all of the news outlets.
Here's to the FDNY and the other first responders who lost their lives that day, may we never forget.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Still remember the day, in a small town in Finland while my wife was in a meeting tidying up her mothers estate. Stopped into a bar that happened to have no one talking, CNN on the TV. My mind took an age to even think about ordering.

I was eight, in primary school when we had a general assembly, headmaster played us Don't like Mondays. He knew that we'd hear about what the song meant from syblings, older kids. He also had us sit down to watch STS1, as a school. He was a good teacher.

Always educate, never forget.

JBurton

Signtologist
Stopped into a bar that happened to have no one talking, CNN on the TV.
To bookend the saga, I recall being at the dodgiest bar in Cartersville, GA, after a long day of hanging banners to cover up banks, after about 15 minutes at the bar, breaking news announced "We got 'em", with a picture of Osama.
The bar got a great deal more cheerful, and drinks were on the house.

Last edited: