• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New here, anyone ever printed on Silestone?

We have a client asking us if we can print onto a material called Silestone, which is quartz, has anyone any experience with printing on stone? I know we've printed on ceramic tiles in the past, I have a feeling this won't be quite the same.

We have an Arizona 2260 XT that we would be using for this particular application.

If anyone has any info on printing on stone, that would be fantastic.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
It looks like a natural quartz with a composite resin...kinda like terrazzo on steroids, otherwise known as engineered stone. I've tried to split it using a guillotine stone splitter and it won't split.

Tech info online says it's non-porous, so I would say if you can effectively print on glass, you should be able to print on Silestone if there is enough surface tension.

You might be better off sandblast etching and using a high quality solvent based paint.

JB

Last edited:
Interesting point, I've been researching printing on glass, I even have an adhesion promoter for it, (although no TDS from the company I got it from). So maybe that would be applicable to Silestone.
Thanks for your reply!