• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Product. Seen this? Lighted Vinyl!

Marlene

you print the vinyl with your Edge and it some how prints a circut to make it work too as far as I can figure out. What I'm thinking this would be great for is cop cars. they could turn if off when they are hidding at night and turn it on when they need to. right now, when they hide you can see the reflective. that was my first thought for it but not sure if it would work on cars.

signmeup

After looking at the how to on the website I have to ask....why don't they just make the light panel ready to use and let us stick transparent vinyl on the front? They show a plain, blank panel lighting a piece of printed paper? I fail to see the advantage of printing the foil on the back of this stuff with a Gerber Edge.

signage

AS far as I know this has not been release yet! The reason for edge printing is it is only a few mills thick and can be stuck to surfaces.

signage

Yes but your transparent vinyl doesn't make the circuit the foils create the circuit from what I under stand. The whole sheet doesn't light only were the foils are dose it light.

GoodPeopleFlags

Here's what I got from ZeroNine today:

Thank you for expressing interest in our Digitel Material. Unfortunately, it isn’t available yet but we are hoping to have it available for purchase in September. I unfortunately don’t have any pricing yet, and all the information you see on the website it all I have for you at this time.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Charlie Scheppman

ZeroNine Manufacturing Co., Inc.
1230 Claussen Drive
Woodstock, IL 60098
1-800-325-0911
1-815-334-0911

Some of you said you don't really see the point of this product. It's vinyl that lights up without a light box! And no lights behind it! How cool is that? I'm sure it's not meant as a substitute for a "real" lighted, permanent, sign. Why would you need it? Well, we had a customer the other day wanting his logo in the glass transom above his door, about 2' x 6'. He said he would like for it to "glow" somehow but didn't want a light box or anything like that. This stuff is perfect! Hmmm... but the transom is 2'x6'. Edge material is only 15" tall (11.7" printable). Wonder how you would panal it... ?

Anyway, just thought you might like to know what I found out about it. :)

LightHouse

It seems just like EL lights media that everyone else like lumamedia is reselling. i talked to GMS before they were thinnking about developing a systme to print the circut so you could print, print circut and cut and not have to re run anything for die cut applications like normal EL media.

theskipman_98

signmeup

Yes but your transparent vinyl doesn't make the circuit the foils create the circuit from what I under stand. The whole sheet doesn't light only were the foils are dose it light.
Print the entire back then stick trans vinyl to the front. Better yet, make the stuff ready to go without printing.

signmeup

Just read the instruction pages again. The stuff is pink for Christ sake! That'll look sharp during the daytime.

MarkFP

CeeLite

has been around for a couple of years. http://www.ceelite.com/

I've intended to apply some of this for a vehicle sign, but just have been too busy to tackle the project. I've checked into pricing of this material and it is'nt too bad.

JulieVan

Ooohh I saw this at the convention center. It doesn't overheat or anything, and it's really flexible too. I asked the sales guy and he told me all you have to do is submit in an image that you want for them to process and it could range in a couple hundred but be less expensive if you order in more quantities of volume.

LightHouse

If you all want photos of what it looks like on and off as well as different colors over top let me know. i have a test kit i got that has strips and squares of all the different stuff.

just let me know if you want to see it so i don't waste my time.

I saw this at the Orlando Show and when speaking with the Rep. and owner or ZeroNine, he said he was unsure of the price but it would be somewhere at about $70 per linear foot, if i recall correctly.

Very neat stuff!