• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New rear window signage....

TwoNine

That may have came out wrong - I'm not saying close or change the name of the traffic division. I'm just thinking new DBA for the sign venture....

(Just wanted to be clear)

Si Allen

Ummm ... err ... ahmm .... maybe you should hire a real designer for your new division?

That looks like the work of a total Noob, sorry to hve to say that!

Still working.... Getting better?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 74

slappy

The logo owns things.....?

EDIT : Just being an @zz....Sorry.

i would think so... thought it owned the sign shop? he said the business is called CTS right, specializing in traffic safety? so, sign shop would be like a secondary thing with not much emphasis? Unless the cones are helping with the sign making.....:rolleyes:

Just being an a$$hat too....Sorry.

tsgstl

Still working.... Getting better?

Center of the "O" and "P" are all wrong
Isn't this for a back window? Lay it out wider
Lime green or florescent green on black reminds me of my older brothers room in the 80's

I'd start with just text and add "what you think needs to be added" later

C

ColoPrinthead

Ugh. Gross.

If they want to establish an identity as a sign company....Maybe lose the identity of a traffic control firm? Beach Breeze Graphics, Pacific Coast Signs, Harbor Signarts.....The list is endless.

If Coke was trying to make a clear citrus beverage....I doubt they would call it Coca-Cola Clear Citrus.....They might just go with Sprite.
I'd like to get your thoughts on crystal pepsi. In '89 it was a clear cola, then a few years later it was a clear citrus soda - what the hell, man?

As far as the designs, I don't like them. The second one looks like a rave flyer from the early 00s. I fell like CTS really limits you and doesn't make it any easier. Best of luck.

TwoNine

If you're still working it - then I'd say it's going in the right direction (my tastes). I see you make signs clearly now....Which is the goal. Play with it. You're getting on the right track.

My question to you would be....If you looked at JUST the thumbnail - is there anything you feel could use some improvement? Also...Is the rear window square? I doubt it. - Take advantage of your WHOLE canvas. If you can't read the detail portion - I'd say maybe make it larger. Can't read the number? If you have room - go bigger.

When I design - I do all my sketches first - eliminate the bad ones (which is usually about 20 or better). Work with the one or two I like - then see what elements I like from each and try and blend them.

Is there anything in your design that YOU don't like? If so....Make whatever it is that you don't care for go away. Repeat.

In the end....You may be on to something.

Also - do yourself a favor and take the advise that has been given here thousands upon thousands of times. Design in Black and White.

Also - keep in mind that your "black" is actually VERY glossy, semi transparent and highly prone to glare - All of which are design challenges. (I.E - Keep it simple and bold.....IMO)

-Chad

TwoNine

I'd like to get your thoughts on crystal pepsi. In '89 it was a clear cola, then a few years later it was a clear citrus soda - what the hell, man?

As far as the designs, I don't like them. The second one looks like a rave flyer from the early 00s. I fell like CTS really limits you and doesn't make it any easier. Best of luck.

My thoughts on it are: Is it still available?

TwoNine

Playing with SoCal styles.....I don't like either, but they both have things I DO like....Good building blocks. Again....This is all just my opinion.

But it's a start for colors, styles and what not to do. I.E. - he black text on blue will never work & The bottom HR/container thing is awful...I hate the contour, but it is a start and it led me to think of waves in the ocean...(But how would that work with 'hard cut' text right above??? Do you change the container or modify the font?)

Maybe a revision is in order?

-Chad

Attachments

• CTS_Logo_041112.jpg
    CTS_Logo_041112.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 94

Jillbeans

You're still headed in the wrong direction.
It's not "cute" or clever to use the S for both words.
Reads IGN HOP to me, glad you didn't add a HIT in there too.
It's still hard to read.
Outlining everything is impairing your contrast.
Try using DECALS rather than stickers.
No brackets around area code.
Love....Jill

HPSigns

The one slapakiss (#26) looks cool but here is the thing he said back tinted window. So if he wants to see out the back window its not gonna work. Being a full print with concert design in background. I think if your stuck on the green outline and white letters. Get rid of that outline font and do a drop shadow. Some of the people here I have noticed go for the clean look. But thats a safe approach, you wanna be seen and noticed get beyond that boundary. Think outside the box also keep in mind the neon green or fluorescent green wont last long in the sun. (If your doing cut vinyl) As most your designs are leaning that way.

TwoNine

The one slapakiss (#26) looks cool but here is the thing he said back tinted window. So if he wants to see out the back window its not gonna work. Being a full print with concert design in background. I think if your stuck on the green outline and white letters. Get rid of that outline font and do a drop shadow. Some of the people here I have noticed go for the clean look. But thats a safe approach, you wanna be seen and noticed get beyond that boundary. Think outside the box also keep in mind the neon green or fluorescent green wont last long in the sun. (If your doing cut vinyl) As most your designs are leaning that way.

True, true....I'd think some enormous flames are in order too, huh? That would also aid in getting 'noticed'. Just saying....That logo is hideous. OMFG.....

EDIT: I mean your avatar - not his version of CTS's stuff...Just want to be clear.