• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New S160T - won't play with Onyx

Bly

We got our new S class T OposCam cutter this week and it's a beast.
It cuts fine from Winplot but I can't for the life of me get Onyx Cutserver to talk to it.

While Winplot is usable I want to set this up to cut whole rolls using barcode server.

I can plot to file in Cutserver but when I run Summa Barcode Server it reads the bar code and tells me it can't find the file -
it looks for a different number than the number on the barcode by one digit.
And yes I turned off the colour bars.

Anyone had to deal with anything similar and found a fix?
I'll call my dealer on Monday but just thought I'd post here in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

AF

Try using the Summa barcode server in Cutter Control. Also make sure your firmware is updated.

If the barcode number is continuing to come through wrong, you can rename the cut file to the number the system is reading to see if everything else is functional.

For reference, I have never seen the barcode scanner on our Summa read the number improperly. My suspicion is that Onyx is generating the wrong barcode by one digit but the printed number and file name match. Reading the barcode in cutter Control will clear this up.

ProPDF

I thought opos cam wouldn't work with anything but summa software because of the opos camera itself. All the other models do work with onyx. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bly

Possibly although I'm just trying to use Cut Server to generate the file for Summa Cutter Control to scan and cut.
It does read the barcode but says the file number xxxx is missing.
I tried renaming the file and it just scans but cuts crazy lines.
Probably need my supplier to contact Onyx.

AF

Double check that cut server and barcode server are pointed to your cut folder. The file needs to end in .plt and you may need to change the plotter language in onyx. Also double check which type of Summa cutter driver is selected in onyx.

FrankW

Possibly although I'm just trying to use Cut Server to generate the file for Summa Cutter Control to scan and cut.
It does read the barcode but says the file number xxxx is missing.

Have you sent the contour files out of onyx cut server? You need to set up Onyx Cut Server to save the files into a folder instead of sending it to the cutter (output port "File" or "Folder").

You need to set up this folder to the home folder of Summa Cutter Controls Barcode Server.

Bly

Just an update on this.
There are 2 versions of Summa's Cutter Control app, 4 and 5.
It turns out the S class 2 cutters don't work in 4, but the Summacut does.
So it's now working great, apart from cutting directly out of Onyx Cut Server.
Once I changed the directory for Barcode Server from a network to a local drive all was well.
The OposCam reads rego marks screamingly fast and cut quality is superb.
I just did a run of 1000 smallish laminated decals using Flexcut and it worked a treat once the pressures were adjusted right.
So we will no longer dread getting those kinds of jobs.

FrankW

This is a video of our OPOS-CAM demo unit, it is impressing:

[video=youtube;qnxEIGpx2rQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnxEIGpx2rQ[/video]

Compare it with a Roland Quadralign :omg: for example in a VersaCamm.

Bly

That camera is crazy fast.
If you do a lot of print/cut work it should save a ton of time.
Being a USB device it won't work through ethernet though.