• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New script font/s I'm working on.

I started working on this Tattoo style script about 2 months ago. I still have a lot of tweaking to do, but it's close to completion. I'm pretty excited as it's the first script font I've worked on and it took a lot of work to even get to this point. Having been a tattoo artist, I find it frustrating to try to find an authentic tattoo style script font, so I decided to create one. Let me know what I can improve on and anything that doesn't jive and I will take your ideas into consideration.

Once I'm completely happy with this, I plan on doing one or two modified versions. I also plan on adding a few more ligatures and flourishes to finish it off, but I'm still trying to figure out how I want to set up the flourishes. So far I used characters such as /,\,and | to place the flourishes under the main copy without adding additional space between letters, but I may just create it as a clipart style font so flourishes can just be moved around and placed manually under the copy wherever desired.

Attachments

• Tattoo Script sample 4 copy.jpg
    Tattoo Script sample 4 copy.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Tattoo Script sample 1 copy.jpg
    Tattoo Script sample 1 copy.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Tattoo Script sample 2 copy.jpg
    Tattoo Script sample 2 copy.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Tattoo Script sample 3 copy.jpg
    Tattoo Script sample 3 copy.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 49

player

That is really nice. I like the Christmas one.

If I could make a suggestion, I would like the choice of using the lower case "n" you have, or an additional lower case "n" with the first stroke flaring to the left at the bottom instead of the right. But I would like both options.

Again, really well done!

If I could make a suggestion, I would like the choice of using the lower case "n" you have, or an additional lower case "n" with the first stroke flaring to the left at the bottom instead of the right. But I would like both options.

Thanks.That's a good suggestion. Maybe a lower case r that ascends all the way to the baseline wouldn't hurt either.

player

I would put it into a font so I could try every different word to see how the letters flow together, and make minor adjustments so they join together nicely.

PS- The "J" in Judge looks like an F a bit to me. But don't Fudge me.

player

I would also like every lower case letter with an extra fancy bit, a second version that is simpler, without the tail. Like the lower case a. I could also edit what I want as I go, but it would be nice for me to be able to choose between fancy and plain.

Or maybe it is 2 separate fonts that I could mix and match.

I also think the number 0 looks too round, and perhaps not quite symmetrical. Or you may have it the way you want it.

The a is different in your samples than the font set?

It is a really nice font. I like how the people's names look. Very classy.

I would put it into a font so I could try every different word to see how the letters flow together, and make minor adjustments so they join together nicely.

The software that I use allows individual kerning pairs and has a test feature with several default phrases such as pangrams, latin and english phrases and also your own editable text. But individual kerning pairs on a script font with connecting letterforms is typically unecessary for reasons I won't bother to get into. I will say that kerning becomes more geometric than it becomes a matter of negative/positive space relationships, similar to monospaced type.

I also think the number 0 looks too round, and perhaps not quite symmetrical. Or you may have it the way you want it.

The a is different in your samples than the font set?

The number 0 is just plain wonky like a few of the other characters that haven't yet received enough attention to detail.

I'm not sure why the a looks different in the samples. My business partner looked at them and thought he saw the same thing until he looked again and realized that they are the same...or at least he agreed with me to agree with me. I'm not entirely sure he was convinced, but no...the sample letterforms have not been adulterated in any way aside from adding a fading contour on the tattoo sample to make it look more natural like a tattoo. you both may be seeing some sort of optical illusion but they all look the same to me. Are you referring to the uppercase or lowercase a?

player

After close examination, the lower case a is the same. I think the shading and different colours make it look more open at the right side by the ascender.

striper14

looking good...still a bit of work to do tho...only really obvious flaws i saw were the uppercase C which is too vertical & the zero is too fat imho...great work tho