• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop

Raulrdz

Great job Jill...
This Texan says... yup y'all it Lexan. But keep in mind in most states to work on lighted signs even the face graphics you must be licensed by both the local government and the state licensing agency.

GREAT JOB JILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jillbeans

(it was definitely Suess-like, I can't rap or wrap)
Thanks for the compliments. My sister is our family poet, I fake it.

DTFuqua

way too early

A New Shop?
A Sign Shop?
A Blue Shop?
A Wine Shop?

I Think The Material You Want Is Lexan
You Can Get It From A Texan
One Of The Sellers
Is Named Frank Fellers
Saying He's Texan Was Kind Of Hokey,
I Think, In Fact, He Is An Okie
~That Was Just A Little Jokie~

But Then Again It Could Be Polycarbonate
This Is A Material I Have Grown To Hate
I See These Faces
In Many Places

Some Are Cans
With Faces Like Pans
Others Are Pressed
Not Always The Best
Some Are Flat
Some Are Matte

Some Get Broken
With Rocks Thrown By Tokin
Hoodlums Who Like Smokin

Translucent Vinyl Is Used For The Words
Make Sure Your Plotter Is Not For The Birds
Or A Cheap Ebay One That Can't Polish Turds

You Cut It All Out, Weed It, Apply Masking
A Signmaker's Job Consists Of Multi-Tasking
Soon In Money You Will Be A-Basking
You Just Need To Find A Better Way Of Asking

Your Questions Are Vague
Like A Pain In The Leg
We Won't Force You To Beg

Opening A Sign Shop Can Be Quite Jolly
But Without Having A Clue It Can Be A Folly
You May Be Better Off Buying Hornrims, And Impersonating Buddy Holly
That was way too early for that much effort, unless you were still working on last nights party.
:beer

MIKEJR1212

Wow

Ok I Bought A Copam Plotter A Week Ago And 4-1 Silk Screen Setup,hix Heatpress And Alot Of Other Litle Things. I Know That This Is Not Much Yet But I Will Work On It. As Far As What I Will Be Selling Etc. I Am Going To Try To Do As Much Differnt Things As Possible. Any Sugguestion On How To Get Samples And Catalogs Etc,after The Last Response This Should Really Get A Good Laugh. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated.
Thanks

Pat Whatley

Any Sugguestion On How To Get Samples And Catalogs Etc,

Call them and ask for them, that's usually all it takes. Some of them will ask for you to fax a business license but that's usually about it.

I'm not going to go through and list all my suppliers for you, that list is actually pretty important to me. Start with the Merchant Member section of this site. Most have websites, some have catalogs.

Then try http://signindustry.com/products
Then read through the online magazines here and look for ads: http://www.nbm.com/sb/dv.php (get subscriptions)

If you see an ad that interests you go to the website, see what they've got, request a catalog.

Free samples are kind of hard to come by due to the cost involved. Material samples are easy enough to get, display pieces are harder. Most bigger companies have display/sample kits you can buy very reasonably.

Finally, you want info get yourself to one of the bigger sign industry shows where you can spend three days wandering around drooling over more stuff than you can comprehend in that time frame. You can come home with more catalogs, samples, ideas, and dreams than you'll find in months of looking through the above ideas.

Fuzzbuster

Maybe add pizza oven?

:popcorn:
Ok I Bought A Copam Plotter A Week Ago And 4-1 Silk Screen Setup,hix Heatpress And Alot Of Other Litle Things. I Know That This Is Not Much Yet But I Will Work On It. As Far As What I Will Be Selling Etc. I Am Going To Try To Do As Much Differnt Things As Possible. Any Sugguestion On How To Get Samples And Catalogs Etc,after The Last Response This Should Really Get A Good Laugh. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated.
Thanks