• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the forum - need some advice

steveo251

Hello, I am a manager with a commercial printer in Southern Oregon. We've been in business now for over 30 years but have just recently started into a new market, point of purchase... more specifically wide format signage. Our newest piece of equipment is a VUTEk QS 3200 which can print up to 120" in width and pretty much any length you want. We have years of experience with conventional sheetfed and web printing along with digital printing, but this is our first endeavor into wide format. I'm looking for opinions on finishing equipment, hemming, welding, trimming, plotters, etc. We need to purchase a cutter to mount to the printer, we're looking at a Foster Evolution Keencut to mount to our machine.... is this a good option? Are there better options out there? We also need to be able to hem the edges, we've been looking at sewing versus welding. Right now we are leaning towards the Leister UNIPLAN E. Please give me your feedback on this machine and again if there are better options I'd love to hear about them, not to mention a good place to purchase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we'll be looking into plotters soon and once we can get established and the demand justifies it we'll be looking at larger hem and welding machines, so advice in these areas would be great too. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and let me say I think this forum is wonderful, we've already learned much from it just reading the daily posts. I'm excited to now be a member!! :thankyou:

steveo251

Just realized I didn't mention that the VUTEk is a hybrid printer which can print roll to roll flexible media along with rigid material up to 2" thick. I'm sure most of you already know that, but I thought I'd add it. Thank you again!

steveo251

One more thing, if anybody has information about a good supplier for the VUTEk, I'd like to hear about that too. We can always go through the parent company or the company we purchased the machine from, but we are well aware that many times there are other options for parts which can have much better pricing.