• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbi that needs some help :)

wynpotter

hey folks. I'm a newbi in the large format signworld.
I have an acquaintance that has a Mutoh 1204a. She purchased the 1204a used but with no rip software but.. has a trial version of ISIS.
I was asked to help figure out why the program has a printing issue. BTW I know Isis is as old as the pyramids but...
I have looked for any docs on the net but haven't found any. A friend of her's loaded the trial version but the print comes out squeezed down as if a 2" x2" letter were squeezed to 2"x.75".
It seems that it must be a setting or a resolution parameter improperly set.

The easy answer is to get a current rip and that will come when she has some $$$ to invest.Also trials of some of the rips

That beings up the second part, what is the least expensive rip for the 1204a for banners with photo's. Would a hardware rip be a reasonable possibility

I've got PSCS 2 and Adobe illustrator cs2 and Corel 12. These are programs I use on a small format epson 2200 printer.

I'm trying to help someone with limited funds and the Isis path maybe a dead end that should not be followed, but I'd like to see if I can get it printing, if nothing more than challenge.

My own interest lies with heat transfers on an eco sol printer, maybe a Roland bn20 no room for a larger printer right now.

Hope to hear from some folks here.:thankyou:
Thanks Wyndham

Mosh

Welcome, save some cash up, about all I can tell you. You need to start with higher res images for quality...I guess I am lost to what your question is...

4R Graphics

You need to purchase a quality rip that is current for the machine.

The rip is very imporatant and with out a reasonable rip all you really have is a money sucking paper weight.

Look into wasatch or onyx they will probably be the best priced if all you need is a rip no design stuff.

Good luck and remember if you are not going to be running the printer and waiting for a rip you have to leave the printer plugged in and turned on and have the maintenance cycle set up on the printer itsself and have ink carts in the machine or when you do get a rip you will have to replace the head before you can use the printer.

Many people buy printers not knowing the ins and outs of them and find themselves in an upside down situation because if you dont run the printers daily or at least every couple of days they develop problems which cost money to fix and when the printer is just sitting around for days at a time it is still sucking ink which costs money. You really should not buy a printer unless 1 you have enough work to run it every other day at least or 2 you have to print jobs on materials that you can not find a wholesaler to print on for you. just my 2 cents as someone who has owned a few printers.

wynpotter

Thanks, what is the most basic pkg for flexi that is available as a rip to print from the ai, Corel or PS files.
If it were me I'd start with Roland and versawerks but this is not my machine.

I wanted to do some test prints of several eco sol heat transfers and ran into this lady's dilemma and am learn about lg format printing at the same time.

Thanks for the heads up about the maintenance cycle, I'll pass that along.

Wyndham

Get yourself flexi 10 my man dont waste your time with isis is so old you will never get anywhere i know the cash is an issue but its a pill youll have to swallow if you want to get to the results you need.

wynpotter

I understand flexi 10 is the way to go but the person that owns the 1204a is near broke, hoping to run a graphics biz with some seed money from a small biz incubator.

I stumbled in on this and trying to help, thought there had to be a low end rip&cut.
The only thing I found was LXI.

What's the deal with so many google hits on flexi not running on win 7. Is it hardware or what.

Anyway, I've learned a bit on the different rips since I started this,..not at all a bad thing.
Wyndham