• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie here with some Mutoh Toucan Hybrid questions.

Robert Carter

Update, the panel says "Ready To Print" so we ran a nozzle check and the colors look ok, but the black has lines through it. I'm still working on the pics.

gregwallace

Can you hear the pumps pumping? If so, purge any working color for 5-10 seconds. Listen for the pumps. They probably operate with short burst. How many "pumps" did you hear? Now purge your black. How many pumps? If your working color gets like 2 pumps and your black gets like 10 or so before throwing the pump error then that would mean you for sure either have clogged filters, air in the line before the subtank, or there is a cut in the line before the subtank.

Robert Carter

Can you hear the pumps pumping? If so, purge any working color for 5-10 seconds. Listen for the pumps. They probably operate with short burst. How many "pumps" did you hear? Now purge your black. How many pumps? If your working color gets like 2 pumps and your black gets like 10 or so before throwing the pump error then that would mean you for sure either have clogged filters, air in the line before the subtank, or there is a cut in the line before the subtank.
That is correct Sir, I found several cracks in the black line and I replaced the filter by the jug that holds the ink and the round filter by the sub tank, "are there any other filters?". here are some pics. mutoh 1.jpg

Attachments

• mutoh 2.jpg
    mutoh 2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 114
  • mutoh panel.jpg
    mutoh panel.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 103

gregwallace

Okay so picture 1 is the subtanks and picture 2 is the heads right? Its kind of hard for me to tell. That one air line going into the top of the subtanks is an air line right? Can you get me a picture of the other end of those air lines at the solenoids? You said that you have solved the problem with the air right? So all of those lines are pulling with negative pressure?

There should not be any more than two ink filters.

That test pic does look like air but considering how long the machine has been out of operation its hard to say. I know a good test but I'll need you to answer the above questions first.

Robert Carter

Okay so picture 1 is the subtanks and picture 2 is the heads right? Its kind of hard for me to tell. That one air line going into the top of the subtanks is an air line right? Can you get me a picture of the other end of those air lines at the solenoids? You said that you have solved the problem with the air right? So all of those lines are pulling with negative pressure?

There should not be any more than two ink filters.

That test pic does look like air but considering how long the machine has been out of operation its hard to say. I know a good test but I'll need you to answer the above questions first.
Sorry for the bad pics. hope this helps. While taking the pics, I found a hose loose on top of the solenoid. I connected it and now an re-priming everything. mutoh back.jpg mutoh back 4.jpg

Attachments

• mutoh back 2.jpg
    mutoh back 2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 97

gregwallace

So are you still getting the same results? You can always call me if you'd like 501-574-1513. It might make all of this a little easier.

Robert Carter

So are you still getting the same results? You can always call me if you'd like 501-574-1513. It might make all of this a little easier.
Greg, the cyan hose broke today at the pump and I broke the nipple trying to put it back on, hopefully I can find another one. If all Nipples was that fragile, I would have been in jail a long time ago. :cool: when I get that repaired, I will give you a call so you can help me get this bohemouth running. Thank you very much for your continued help my friend.

Robert Carter

Why would Mutoh make the hose nipple out of flimsy plastic? a machine that cost as much as this one did when it was new should have had better crafsmanships that this... rant....rant......rant..... :banghead::banghead:

gregwallace

Yes definitely. That would also confirm if its the nozzles that are out on your black head or if there is still air in the lines. If there is still air in the lines then when you swap the heads the black will still be printing poorly while the light cyan will be printing fine.

Robert Carter

Cool, sorry it took so long to reply, I didn't see the page 2 marker. Sometime I wonder about myself. I repaired the nipple on the cyan pump and it seem to be making a pumping sound but I can't see anything go through it. Do I need to put some ink in the line before it? any suggestions?