• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Non-sign making predicament..............

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We drink the water that runs under our land. We have hundreds of underground springs and waterways all over the place. No way do I want any poison finding it's way into our water supply. Carcasses and whatnot are one thing, but purposely putting that sh!t into our water...... nope. No one lives behind us, until you go up, over the mountain and way back down the other side.... so no one else can alter our water. It's really weird how great our waster tastes. It's actually the lack of all the chemicals in the water, which most of you probably drink that creates the taste of water. Ours is totally pure.

Andy D

We drink the water that runs under our land. We have hundreds of underground springs and waterways all over the place. No way do I want any poison finding it's way into our water supply. Carcasses and whatnot are one thing, but purposely putting that sh!t into our water...... nope. No one lives behind us, until you go up, over the mountain and way back down the other side.... so no one else can alter our water. It's really weird how great our waster tastes. It's actually the lack of all the chemicals in the water, which most of you probably drink that creates the taste of water. Ours is totally pure.
I could be wrong, but if you use a pump sprayer and are very selective I doubt it would have any environmental impact at all. The problem seems to come in (I think) when
farmers mix it in with their irrigation and spray hundreds of acres... but again, I could be wrong.
I'm trying to switch to burning the weeds, but I'm having mixed results.

upload_2020-5-18_12-46-25.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The farm angle is correct, but our water table surface is less than 8' down and our well is 165' down. When you spray with some of these poisons and 'roundup' is at the top of the list..... that stuff goes into the leaves and down through to the roots. However, while the plant is dead, the poison still seeps out and can go down into the earth, thus contaminating soil, directly. Now, when water, from rain, watering flowers or anything comes into the picture, it still drains down and the soil can only filter out so much of pollutants, chemicals and whatever else is in your soil. So why..... add poison on purpose to the system ??

The flame-thrower works, but only for the moment. It kills everything on top of the soil, but never really reaches the roots and the stuff comes back stronger in a week or two and it starts all over.

There are some really good weed killers that are totally safe, but it gets expensive and time consuming. Nope, much easier to just whack those little b@st@rds off each week and control it that way.

If you really wanna do it right..... vinegar, salt and dish soap will kill 'em for good and anything else that might get the solution on it. Vinegar alone will do it, but you need the salt to KEEP 'em dead and the soap makes it all stick to the plants. Good combination for the situation you have pictured where nothing else can get harmed.

C

ColoPrinthead

Nope, much easier to just whack those little b@st@rds off each week and control it that way.
I didn't realize that was how the happy endings you are so fond of went down!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First, someone alludes to my wife being a pig and now you come out with this happy ending sh!t cause the word whack is used...... you filthy buncha toerags................................ :banghead:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea you gotta have some balls posting a pig picture when talking about someone's wife... that doesn't fly in my book....nifty tips page 286.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
bob from earth..... you were right. I ended up getting a second trimmer and I got the EGO. The thing is frickin' awesome. I can do almost my whole property on one battery, I liked it so much, I bought an EGO hedge trimmer for low hedges, shrubs and trees. I already have a high-reach articulating trimmer. Goes about 15' in the air and tilts, locks in both directions. That combines with the bucket, makes the property a whole lot easier to do, now. Now, I hafta trim at the shop. :thankyou:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
EGO is top of the line in codless OPE.

Sounds like a glitch on the DeWalt....they're pretty reliable.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kept the Ryobi for my wife. It only weighs about 4.5 lbs. Problem is.... she hurt her shoulder real bad and the pain is all the way down into her hand, so she hasn't been weed whacking lately and for me, the Ryobi was little more than a toy. Saw the big EGO at Home Depot and they have a 30 day return policy..... no questions asked. Did the whole place in about an hour last week. Weed whacking, that is.