• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not accurate cut with Gerber Edge and Gsx Plus Plotter

Marlene

if you are using vinyl other than Gerber's he holes that are punched in the non Gerber vinyl may not be lining up just right with the sprockets. if the first cut looks OK and then goes off with each new cut, it could be that or a cruddy set of sprockets.

Hielorojo

if you are using vinyl other than Gerber's he holes that are punched in the non Gerber vinyl may not be lining up just right with the sprockets. if the first cut looks OK and then goes off with each new cut, it could be that or a cruddy set of sprockets.

Hello Marlene, I try with: Gerber, Avery, Image Perfect .......vinyls and not solution......

Well, I did a "rudimentary" check......I ran "print head aligment" test from the Printer Set Up Menu, this test print a fine line trought the Y axis (lime line on the pic) then I put the vinyl on my GSX15 plotter and fit a Pen Holder, I draw a "parallel line" (pic 1).

The measures are identicals, above and bottom of the vinyl, about 21mm....(pic 2).....so there is not problem with the plotter......

Conclusions.........I have notice that the plotter cut right the "arts" near of the "register mark", if you print the "register marks" on the "left-bottom" of the vinyl, the cuts on the Top of the Vinyl is "off" towards "left-up" if you put the "register mark" on the center of the vinyl the cuts is "off" to "right-down".....

Think that really there is not problem with the Plotter and Printer......perhap the only problem is that this type of the plotter is not engought accurate for this type of works.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg