• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 350GT power on but nothing showing on screen

Steven.Cao

hi, I got a used Oce Arizona 350GT. it was flushed and empty before it turned off.

I try to power on and test it.

Would someone please give me some instruction or advice before I power on?

the ink bag and coolant are not in yet.

Thanks.

classicgameswi

Assuming you have the VGA cable connected to a working monitor, take off the large panel on the side to the left of where the ink bags go, should have some slotted holes in it, just loosen the screws and slide the panel to remove.

You should now be able to see a few large circuit boards, Left to right is the PC power supply, then the PC motherboard, then the IO / driver board.

When you power on the printer (must power both power cords going into the printer, each are 20A 220V cords) Does the CPU fan on the motherboard spin?

If it is spinning do you hear beeping? If you hear beeping, the RAM may be loose. Power down the printer, unplug, then reseat the RAM on the motherboard.

Could also be a bad PC power supply.
Basically is a desktop computer running the machine, need to troubleshoot as such

Steven.Cao

Hi, thanks for ' classicgameswi ' tips.
I managed to open the power units's covers.
1. there is only 1 of main power cable going into the big power unit. the small fan in the unit spins. I test all the small and two big fuses are fine.
2. the two units board under the flat bed lights are red on, and noise comes from the two sides of the carriage.
3. pc unit lights on, fan spins. no beeping sound. I connect a working monitor directly to the pc board, still no display.
4. the vacuum power supply only is 16.69V, not 240v. the other two supplies are about 240v.

Attachments

• 20230705_110520.jpg
    20230705_110520.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230705_110600.jpg
    20230705_110600.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
  • 20230705_110706.jpg
    20230705_110706.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230705_112904.jpg
    20230705_112904.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 20230705_112908.jpg
    20230705_112908.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Is the screen not turning on, no power, no green light etc?
or is the screen on but the no image showing? but the printer is turning on etc?

Steven.Cao

Do i need fill the coolant and connect the vacuum tube from the vacuum machine to the pritner before it power on?

Steven.Cao

only fan noise comes out from the carriage area, nothing moves for the printer.

screen turns on, then no display, no green light,

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Check if the PC is turning on in the printer.
if it turns on (usually fan will spin, you can hear or feel the hard drive spin)
make sure your monitor is plugged in.
try a different cable and a different monitor. It's just a VGA cable.

You need to check these things first before looking at other things.

classicgameswi

ok. thanks. I will focus on the pc.
looking at your photos, I can see that the motherboard has power, also is very dirty (cpu fan / heatsink clogged) I would try reseating the memory with the power disconnected and see if that helps. As a matter of maintenance I would also clean up the dirt as well. Hopefully the motherboard hasn't failed.

Steven.Cao

Air blow everything for thr oc parts. I notice the cpu's fan spins 2-3 seconds then stops, then spins again to normal when the power is on. It did the same with memory removed. I can hear the hard drive spinning. But still no display when connecting a working monitor.

Last edited:

Steven.Cao

looking at your photos, I can see that the motherboard has power, also is very dirty (cpu fan / heatsink clogged) I would try reseating the memory with the power disconnected and see if that helps. As a matter of maintenance I would also clean up the dirt as well. Hopefully the motherboard hasn't failed.
if the mother board failed, does it have to be same model board or any similar board?

classicgameswi

if the mother board failed, does it have to be same model board or any similar board?
I haven't had to replace mine, but I would guess a motherboard with the same chipset would work, should be a intel desktop motherboard. Some searching on ebay should locate one. Find the model number on the board and search for that, as buying it as a OCE board the price will be way more money.

classicgameswi

I haven't had to replace mine, but I would guess a motherboard with the same chipset would work, should be a intel desktop motherboard. Some searching on ebay should locate one. Find the model number on the board and search for that, as buying it as a OCE board the price will be way more money.
Looks like the original motherboard should be a DG965OT, there are a few on ebay with memory and CPU for under $100

classicgameswi

thanks! I guess it is the board.
One other thing you could try is clearing the BIOS memory, should either be a jumper (can find in the intel manual for the motherboard) or pull the battery and leave out for around a half hour. Should also check the voltage of the battery, should be a 3V CR2032 battery.

Steven.Cao

i tried two working vga cable, connect directly to the mother board, still nothing happens. so the problem is not the cable.

I tried to put the hard drive into another pc, i got win xp screen then blue screen then dead, so at least the hard drive kind of works, i can hear it spins.

I try remove the 3v battery for 30mins tomorrow, see what will happpen.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Put the HDD into another PC and make sure it's fully working (as a secondary drive, not a boot drive). and id probably want to clone it to another drive being its age. All the important config files are on there.

If you can find a new motherboard, its best to find the exact spec as win XP doesn't like booting to new hardware. change the CPU and RAM etc over. and hopefully it works.