• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 350GT power on but nothing showing on screen

Remove HDD and MB from printer. Connect monitor and start this configuration like normal PC. With mouse and KB. Find the two pins to start the system with screwdriver.
The CPU fan should work just like that, but that doesn't mean anything yet except that it works. Do you hear "beep" when start the MB? If not the board doesn't start.
Use different HDD between 160 and 320 GB. Connect to this MB and start again. What happens? If the result is same you have a problem with MB.
Remove the FAN and the CPU. Remove RAM. Clean the board with 95% alcohol. Measure the battery. New it is 3.3V. The battery is 2032. You can buy it at any store or gas station. Try again. If it still doesn't work, just search for the same MB. This is just INTEL MB.
It is good to have working power supply for test.
In most cases, there may be blown electrolytic capacitors in the power supply unit. It will be much easier to just duplicate with another.
Start with the easiest for you and reject probabilities.

This is all unrelated to the printer. It will only react when the machine software starts.

Last edited:

Steven.Cao

I connect the hard hard to another pc,
find the files, even the previous job preview.

next step, try to find a similar mother board, see what will happen.

xp harddrive.png
Screenshot_102.png

Attachments

• xp harddrive.png
    xp harddrive.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 62

Steven.Cao

Remove HDD and MB from printer. Connect monitor and start this configuration like normal PC. With mouse and KB. Find the two pins to start the system with screwdriver.
The CPU fan should work just like that, but that doesn't mean anything yet except that it works. Do you hear "beep" when start the MB? If not the board doesn't start.
Use different HDD between 160 and 320 GB. Connect to this MB and start again. What happens? If the result is same you have a problem with MB.
Remove the FAN and the CPU. Remove RAM. Clean the board with 95% alcohol. Measure the battery. New it is 3.3V. The battery is 2032. You can buy it at any store or gas station. Try again. If it still doesn't work, just search for the same MB. This is just INTEL MB.
It is good to have working power supply for test.
In most cases, there may be blown electrolytic capacitors in the power supply unit. It will be much easier to just duplicate with another.
Start with the easiest for you and reject probabilities.

This is all unrelated to the printer. It will only react when the machine software starts.

I tried with my working pc power supply unit, same problem with no display.

I will to remove the motherboard from the printer, clean it as you suggest, see what happens. I do replace the button battery, the old one is 2.8V, new one is 3.2V.

Steven.Cao

I just installed the printer's hard drive on my old WinXP pc.

the pc can be powered on and log in WinXP system.
but the mouse can do nothing until the software opens. then it pops out the reminder information.

i can not click anything else except the software, is it normal?

if so, can I safely install this motherboard and hard drive back to the printer now?

Attachments

• 20230710_211205.jpg
    20230710_211205.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 20230710_211210.jpg
    20230710_211210.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 20230710_211213.jpg
    20230710_211213.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 20230710_211806.jpg
    20230710_211806.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230710_211836.jpg
    20230710_211836.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 56

Steven.Cao

Hi guys,
I installed a motherboard from my old xp pc on the printer.

after it powered on, it reminded me that the printer is undefined. RFID board initialization failed.
then I click the Diagnostic screen, update a Calgary Platform 4.18.0.14 Setup, it passed the installation, 350GT image showed on the screen.
then it reminded me to raise and then lower the carriage guard.
I did that and click the Confirm or Continue button, then the error message showed up.

I tried to click the reset error button, but the printer stuck there, I can not go any further.

After I restart the printer, It failed at the RFID board initialization step, then a error message 'wmiacpi.sys' on windows xp service pack 3 is needed.

I guess there is some driver missing, where can i download it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230713_213805.jpg
    20230713_213805.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230714_100741.jpg
    20230714_100741.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 59

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
did you look at the printer before buying it?
Was it running etc?

Because if the RFID board is not working, you're going to have a hard time finding a new one or even a used one.

And with WinXP. it doesn't like hardware changes, especially different motherboards, CPUs, ram etc. Which may explain why the mouse isn't responsive.
Mouse and keyboard work fine on my arizona when plugged in.

classicgameswi

you likely need to install drivers for the different motherboard, this is possibly why you have gotten the RFID board error. Use a PS/2 keyboard plugged directly into the motherboard and go into device manager, you likely have some drivers missing. If you can get into device manager, take a picture of it and post it here

If you are not a computer guy, you may be better off buying the correct motherboard off ebay so that you dont need to load drivers.

Steven.Cao

you likely need to install drivers for the different motherboard, this is possibly why you have gotten the RFID board error. Use a PS/2 keyboard plugged directly into the motherboard and go into device manager, you likely have some drivers missing. If you can get into device manager, take a picture of it and post it here

If you are not a computer guy, you may be better off buying the correct motherboard off ebay so that you dont need to load drivers.
thanks, I will try to find the missing drivers.
I forgot how to use XP system, and google it.

classicgameswi

thanks, I will try to find the missing drivers.
I forgot how to use XP system, and google it.
To close the OCE software, hit F11 on the keyboard to take the program out of full screen and then you can hit the X to close. The printer runs windows XP embedded so it is a bit harder than a normal computer to navigate. The easiest way to get to device manager is to hit the windows key + R to get the run box and type in devmgmt.msc then hit enter.

Steven.Cao

To close the OCE software, hit F11 on the keyboard to take the program out of full screen and then you can hit the X to close. The printer runs windows XP embedded so it is a bit harder than a normal computer to navigate. The easiest way to get to device manager is to hit the windows key + R to get the run box and type in devmgmt.msc then hit enter.
I connect a very old USB keyboard, then i can use ctl+alt+del to stop the oce software, then i can see the other information.

It reminds me the Intel 2567V-2 Gigabit network Connection is missing.

How to install the driver please?

Attachments

• 20230713_213805.jpg
    20230713_213805.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58

Steven.Cao

I connect a very old USB keyboard, then i can use ctl+alt+del to stop the oce software, then i can see the other information.

It reminds me the Intel 2567V-2 Gigabit network Connection is missing.

How to install the driver pleathe
The network driver is installed.
The RFID board was still not working properly, the software only got once working, then stuck after the cartridge lifted. It kept reminding reset errors.

When I restarted the printer, the RFID board installation failed again like before.

Is it because the oce driver/software doesn't work on the new motherboard?

classicgameswi

The network driver is installed.
The RFID board was still not working properly, the software only got once working, then stuck after the cartridge lifted. It kept reminding reset errors.

When I restarted the printer, the RFID board installation failed again like before.

Is it because the oce driver/software doesn't work on the new motherboard?
Did you go into device manager and verify if there are any unknown devices? take a picture of what you have in device manager and post it.

Also, make sure the cable for the rfid board is plugged into the correct port shown in the attached photo on the data relay card. While these look like ethernet cables, it is a proprietary connection and the port assignment matters

1689730407391.png

Steven.Cao

I bought same model board on ebay, installed and power on.
The installation of RFID board passed. Thanks for the helps.