• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OK....After much work....

Jillbeans

I agree with Bruce.^^^ None are all that. The first one is OK, the others are not. The last one is just plain too hard to read. With a long name like Circleville, and there's nothing wrong with it, it kind of limits you as to what exactly you can do with your logo.
I think maybe if you really under-emphasized the name and pumped up the signs and graphics part you would be on a roll. I think you need to give up the big circle entirely.
Here's a really simple suggestion.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 103

Circleville Signs

Thanks for the input folks! Colin, your first one is really cool! Jill, as always you are the best at turning simple into sweet :)

I'm talking to Phillip about possibly doing something for us. The challenge withthe long city name is the hard part. I really want to stay away from a horizontal format, as it totally limits what as can do from a design standpoint...On things like business cards, web, etc.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What is your opinion of 99% of the logos that customers bring into your shop that they created their selves?
Got your answer? Ok, that is why you do not design your own logo.

Doing work for someone else always seems to turn out better than your own imho.

I think after getting some input here or elsewhere you may be able to tweak it so that it's more "your" style, but I would definitely consider hiring an outside eye to handle this project.

Colin

I really want to stay away from a horizontal format, as it totally limits what as can do from a design standpoint.

Which is why I generally try to incorporate some flexibility into my logos, so they can be set up in different ways.

Attachments

• Circleville Signs.jpg
    Circleville Signs.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 107

JR's

That is sweet, Collins. I could see there was an S. in the graphic. But it looks like there's a G in their somewhere to.
Is there?

It does look cool.

JR

SignManiac

I'll toss in my .02 worth just for defecation and smiles. I do like Colins color choice!

Along with another tweak as well.

Attachments

• circleville.jpg
    circleville.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 113
  • circleville2.jpg
    circleville2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

rjpjr

Attachments

• Circleville1a.jpg
    Circleville1a.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Circleville1b.jpg
    Circleville1b.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Circleville2a.jpg
    Circleville2a.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Circleville2b.jpg
    Circleville2b.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Circleville3a.jpg
    Circleville3a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 78

Circleville Signs

Working on another idea now - John Butto gave me the idea - now I just have to refine it. Interested to see everyone's thoughts when I finish it. Also, Colin - stop using up EVERY good idea for my name!!!! lol...

Circleville Signs

OK - this is rough, but it's the idea I was talking about. That is our pumpkin shaped water tower :)

Hand drew it then threw it into illy and traced it out.

Thoughts on the idea, if not the execution?

Attachments

• csgexper.png
    csgexper.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 122

Colin

Some things to consider for any logo:

- Does it pass the squint test?

- Does it work in B&W?

- Can it be embroidered?

- Can you make a Favicon out of it?

There may be other considerations too.