• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

old plotter problem

kbenz

I have an older gerber plotter. Model number GXC-4. Ser No 8758. We don't do a whole lot with it but it is handy. Problem is my computer died and I have no software for my new one. What do I need to get up and running? I do CNC plasma cutting and use sheetcam for programming and Mach for the driver on it. I doubt its compatible though. Any help would be appreciated

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm not 100% sure, but anything that outputs HPGL (Hewlett Packard Graphic Language) should work.

SignLab has a free 10 day trial for SignLab 9, you could give that a try for starters.

There is currently a copy of Graphix Advantage 6.2 with dongle on Ebay that might go cheap.

JB

kbenz

Old one had 6.0. It did not have a dongle though?

I got a guy lookin at the old one now to see if he can salvage it

kbenz

Checked out their site. All I can find anywhere are the blades on a long shaft. Mine is like a small razorblade in a clamp?