• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old school question

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I want to turn some 1 Shot lettering enamel into a dead flat or satin color. Should I use Talc or corn starch? and how much for a dixie cup of paint?

TimToad

It won't take much for that small of a quantity, but you need to make sure you don't use baby powder or anything that might have fragrance, skin softeners, additives, etc. in them.

Can I ask how big the piece or area is you are painting? You could always shoot the whole area with a flat clear.

How custom of a color is it? OneShot poster colors dry dead flat, and have a good array of colors, but they are mostly primary colors.

visual800

You should use a flattening agent, for a dixie cup bout a teasoon should do it. It might take some trys to get the right amount of sheen you desire

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
This is just for hand lettering. I recently found out that Mathews has bought One Shot and Spray Lat and they no longer make the One Shot poster paints. (Just wasn't enough demand for those paints) So I always wanted to try the old "flattening" trick.