• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 5.0 freezing files

Chasez

Hi All,

I've had a few issues with some older files (created in 2.5) freezing up GSP. When you try to open the .plt file (or import etc.) omega just locks up and freezes and the only way to get it closed is a computer restart. Anyone had this issue with 5.0 or know how to solve it and get the files working? I'm guessing that it's a corrupt file (hoping not though) or I've got alot of work ahead of me to try and go back to old paper files and re-create all the drawings if/when they come back in. So far I've had 3 that I can't get into and having to re-create them.

Any and all knowledge on this issue would be great!

Thanks,

Chaz

Marlene

haven't had that problem. I've loaded in old files made back in 1999 and they always open OK. is this a new problem for you that just started to happen or has it always been freezing?

Chasez

It's just on random files, I've opened files from 92' and absolutely no issues. Just some random files, doesn't matter when they were created it will freeze GSP.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Never had the problem either.

First thing to check would be whether or not your Omega has the latest maintenance update installed. The current version of Omega is 5.0.0.1369.

Chasez

Never had the problem either.

First thing to check would be whether or not your Omega has the latest maintenance update installed. The current version of Omega is 5.0.0.1369.

I am Running Omega 5.0.0.1369 and everything is up to date.
It's just on select files so far. I have a feeling the files got corrupt some how (since they can't be opened in Illustrator etc.)

Chasez

what extensions are the files plt? as you said you can't open in illy, I assume they aren't.

Yes .plt file type. I know Illustrator can't open the .plt, was just using as example of another program... maybe not the best example. But the files won't open in any other program either.