• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 5.0 Question

D

derfrankfurter

Hello,
I hope you understand me. because my english is not very good.
I am new to this forum and I have the same question about a omega 5.0
for over 10 years I have worked with the program GA 6.0.
I was very pleased. the program has worked reliably and stably .
because the time does not stand still , I bought the new OMEGA 5.0.
it is more extensive and better made and am equally very well get away with it rightly .
but a little thing I noticed immediately negative.
when selecting a Property is no longer the playpen with the dashed lines . see my photo !
only the black spots around the object .
honestly, I thought that was much better in 6.0 GA .
you could also touch directly on the box and move .

I have now tried in the options that restore so .
no possibility !
I 've also tried to experiment in the registry.
here I have also found no possibility .

SPANDEX Germany , Gerber directly and also Mr Teveris I have contacted via mail . Unfortunately I got here no solution proposals . I hope now that here in the forum anyone knows modest and can help me .

many dear greetings from Germany

FRED
Grafik1.jpg

Marlene

do you mean the black spots (see my photo and red arrow)? you still can click and move the image but you also can enlarge, shrink and slant using the black squares. what is it from the old version that you can't o now? maybe there's a way to do it differently now

Attachments

• OMEGA 5.jpg
    OMEGA 5.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 109
D

derfrankfurter

do you mean the black spots (see my photo and red arrow)? you still can click and move the image but you also can enlarge, shrink and slant using the black squares. what is it from the old version that you can't o now? maybe there's a way to do it differently now

Dear Marlene,
first time thank you very much.
it is now 9:00 in the morning and I look times in the forum, if someone has replied.
I know what you mean by the black points.
with this you can change the size, proportional or disproportional, distort or put in italics.
but that was not what I meant.
may I ask you, with which you plot program you worked before?
I'm assuming that you have misunderstood me.
I am concerned with a purely visual thing.
the picture, which I posted was in version 6.2 GA
I like it much better.

I wish you a nice day.
FRED

Marlene

it was my understanding that you went from 6.2 to Omega 5.0 and wished the visual was the same in 5.0 as in 6.2. I've run Gerber since I had a 4B and have seen all version from the past up to the newest, Omega 5.0 which I'm running. I can't really remember what it looked like back in 6.2 as that was a long time ago for me. what I am wondering is there a way to help get something that you like in the newer version. not sure you can have the boxes/lines anymore but the pivot points are pretty close to what they were only better

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I vaguely recall the selection interface you're describing. It used a pointing finger as the cursor. It was abandoned as Graphix Advantage evolved into Omega and introduced WYSIWYG on screen editing. These days you just select what you want to modify with your cursor and apply menu commands to it which are then followed by dialog windows that are more functional than the old system. Each has a keyboard shortcut as well:

Control +I = Resize

Control +R = Rotate

Control +W = Move

A = Absolute Slant

Once you get used to the changes, I think you will prefer it.

D

derfrankfurter

it was my understanding that you went from 6.2 to Omega 5.0 and wished the visual was the same in 5.0 as in 6.2. I've run Gerber since I had a 4B and have seen all version from the past up to the newest, Omega 5.0 which I'm running. I can't really remember what it looked like back in 6.2 as that was a long time ago for me. what I am wondering is there a way to help get something that you like in the newer version. not sure you can have the boxes/lines anymore but the pivot points are pretty close to what they were only better

Dear Marlene,

I thank you for all your messages, and for your efforts to help me. It's not a tragedy if you simply no longer can remember.
I would like to inform you that I am very satisfied with the program. I just thought that the program comes from the U.S. and in Germany could help me none.
that's why I turned myself to this forum.

Thank you and I wish you all the good out of this world.

D

derfrankfurter

I vaguely recall the selection interface you're describing. It used a pointing finger as the cursor. It was abandoned as Graphix Advantage evolved into Omega and introduced WYSIWYG on screen editing. These days you just select what you want to modify with your cursor and apply menu commands to it which are then followed by dialog windows that are more functional than the old system. Each has a keyboard shortcut as well:

Control +I = Resize

Control +R = Rotate

Control +W = Move

A = Absolute Slant

Once you get used to the changes, I think you will prefer it.

Hello Mr. White,
yeah, right. There was this "Selection finger" at GA 6.2 in the left display factory bar.
I also think dasss he was much more precise than in the OMEGA version.
but that is now not so tragic.
I get along very well with the new program.
also at several changes that Gerber has made.

I thank you for your comments and wish you all the best.

FRED from Germany