• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Omega 6.5 loosing communication to plotter

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
the last win 10 upgrade keeps timing out my communication between my computer and plotter - or just communication in general . Swapped cables , hub and even changed USB ports but no luck . Anyone have any other ideas ..... reinstalled drivers and did a software fix with no luck. Also turned off sleep and screen savers. Stops randomly mid job plotting - communication error - still waiting on a callback from gerber , grimco and hyatt’s But being Monday after a holiday it may be a bit ..... anyone ........

Jburns

Sorry to hear this - hopefully Gerber can help you.

VERY disheartening to hear folks running Windows 10 - then BAM - upgrade and equipment and printers don't work. Im still running Windows 7 - non internet computer for my Omega 6.5

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Sorry to hear this - hopefully Gerber can help you.

VERY disheartening to hear folks running Windows 10 - then BAM - upgrade and equipment and printers don't work. Im still running Windows 7 - non internet computer for my Omega 6.5

I’m told the next win10 update will allow users to opt out of updates until all bugs / beta release work or when they feel it necessary to do so. My backup computer is win 7 , no internet , real pain swapping out but keeps me up and running .
Update
Computer buddy talked me through uninstall and restore from BACKUP ! (Done daily at end of day).
All working but still don’t know the problem child program . Internet unplugged

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
The latest Win 10 update has a know bug related to USB drives. I'm wondering if it might be affecting your communications as well???