• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega doesn't seem to handle exporting .eps files easily.

threeputt

Or I'm doing something wrong. Here's the scenario.

Import raster file into composer. (say it's some lettering with some special effects applied to it in Photoshop)

In composer I have the actual "draw" file used to create that same lettering so I use that as a closed path or cutting path. Turn cuts on.

Select both and export as .eps file into a file for ripping in Versaworks.

Bam! After chewing on it for about five minutes composer locks up. The progress bar shoots up to 97% almost immediately after hitting export and then goes no further.

I used to use Corel for this function. (adding a cutline to an existing raster file) It worked like a charm. And fast too. But I can't find my program disk for CorelDraw 9.0 (I know it's old) and ever since the (virus/hard drive wipe/re-install of all programs episode last week) I'm stuck using Omega.

Why doesn't Omega do better on this sort of task? Is it in my export/dialog box? Some settings in there?

cptcorn

adad
I've had the best luck saving my illustrator files down to version 10. If that doesnt work, I skip immediately to version 3. I do have an old copy of composer though, I'm sure the latest version does much better.

daveb

General Know-it-all
I started out on a 4-B back in the 80's so I've been on Gerber for a while, but I'm getting farther and farther away all the time. Gerber just doesn't like to play nice with other programs. We have Omega 2.1 and if I want to take anything out of Gerber into Corel I have to export as an .ai not .eps for some reason the Gerber export filter for .eps doesn't like Corel. You might try that... export as .ai not .eps and see what happens, of course I don't know anything about Versaworks but in works for Corel.

Dave,
P.S. May have a copy of CD 9 at home if you want it.

Marlene

I'm running 3.0 I made a vector file with 3" Helvetica letters that said TEST FILE. saved it as a .tif and in Photoshop, I did a gradient and re-saved it. I then combined it with the raster TEST FILE and saved as an .eps with no problems. I did the same thing but clicked export and had no problems. is that pretty much what you were doing?

threeputt

Yep. Obviously a far more complicated file, but essentially the same thing.

Funny thing, the work station next to me can do it no problem. Also loaded with Omega 2.6.

Is it in the Export Settings dialog box?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
same as marlene here....and i don't have 2.6 loaded anymore to even try...are you exporting or saving as?? i've found that sometimes the save as feature works better than the export..

threeputt

Well actually I've tried both. Seriously thinking about re-loading Composer. It used to work better than it does now.

Tony Teveris

threeputt - save the file with the image embedded as a PLT, email to me and I'll try a number of things. The export is not done by Composer so reloading most likely will not help.

If you can also take a screen capture of your export settings send that also.

If you installed PERU from the 2.6 install you could submit the problem report with that, either way will do.