• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega won't import this .eps file.

threeputt

Would love to have someone open this .eps file for me and save it out to a .pdf. (vector) I'm pretty sure I can work with that file.

For some reason, this .eps keeps blowing out Composer. It's a piece of clip art I just downloaded from Istockphoto.com. Simple vector file.

They've (Istockphoto) tried converting it and re-sending it twice. No avail.

Don't know what's going on in Composer, but it won't do it.

Any help appreciated greatly.

omgsideburns

with all the other threads, i thought this read "obama won't import this eps file"

other than that, i have nothing useful to contribute to this thread, other than i hate when my files open all screwy in omega.

Tony Teveris

FYI - I opened the EPS file in Omega 4.0 (Composer) but it had a number of missing shapes. I do not know why at the moment. I then opened the file in CS4, resized the artboard because our import filter will clip shapes to the artboard (sometimes) and saved the file as an AI (CS4) file w/ embedded PDF. This file imported fine with the current Omega 4.0 software. The Adobe file formats are a PITA and if anyone has ever read the reference manuals from Adobe they can be interpreted like the current health care bill, everyone has their take on the subject.

By the way, I swear the file was a silhouette of Obama, I still think that’s why I will not import it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I opened the file in CS2 just fine. I sized it down to 11" height and saved it as an EPS Version 8. it then opened poorly using the Omega EPS 2.5 filter but opened correctly (as far as I could tell) using the Omega EPS 2.1 filter.

I saw it was Obama right away but am giving threeputt the benefit of the doubt. :omg: