• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

one last shot lol

Biker Scout

Joe, design by committee isn't working. He needs a logo, we all need to move on. You apparently aren't familiar with Northern California, this logo fits the region he's catering to.

In terms you can understand this logo is:
Fabulous.png

Joe Diaz

Joe, design by committee isn't working. He needs a logo, we all need to move on. You apparently aren't familiar with Northern California, this logo fits the region he's catering to.

In terms you can understand this logo is:
View attachment 98898

If you say so. I just had a few ideas I thought might help, universal things that would work even in Northern California.

Biker Scout

If I sold him the .eps files, you know he's gonna mess with it anyway. These threads have already caused considerable drama. Stop adding to it.

Warlick Designs

I like the logo. problem is im a little restricted on the shape I can go with.. City of Redding wont let me change the size of my store front sign. I would prefer something that isnt so long and skinny but im kinda stuck. :( 8'x2' is what im working with.. maybe I should have mentioned this before..

Pat Whatley

I've got this one I'll sell him for free and he can change it as he will as long as he adds the bear back in.

Edit: There, I changed it myself because I've got three plotters running full rolls of 2" lettering and I'm about to die of boredom.

Attachments

• COLORADO (2).jpg
    COLORADO (2).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 101
  • COLORADO (2)d.jpg
    COLORADO (2)d.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 102

Biker Scout

The physical size of your sign shouldn't dictate your logo design. You have the ability to put graphics on the front windows or doors?

Joe Diaz

The physical size of your sign shouldn't dictate your logo design. You have the ability to put graphics on the front windows or doors?
But if you know that a logo needs to be flexible enough to work in multiple formats and dimensions, it should be designed accordingly.

Craig Sjoquist

Warlick ...the last one ya posted is the best yet.
Reason I like it Northstate is more readable plus ya have a good tagline, not just signs.

Reread what Fred is saying makes alot of sense.

Case in point my logo before reads mostly signs, & it really did not work well, looks nice & all but the 592 is not strong enough, so in real has not done much for sales.

Being this was on my bicycle as I ride around sell & do business, but also my name really has not done much for sales in the past being on bicycle, what has work ...hand lettering & pinstriping 592-7446 get asked questions about once a week.

Now my main sign has the logo created but still the other copy & color in a large panel is there so when they see it they know what type of work I do.

Joe Diaz

If I sold him the .eps files, you know he's gonna mess with it anyway. These threads have already caused considerable drama. Stop adding to it.

Didn't think I was adding to the drama, I was just asking if I could make a few suggestions to your design, which in my opinion is a better direction than what the OP started with. That being said, I think it still needs some work.

Warlick Designs

correct.. have adecentsize window towork with.

Ive honestly been so hung up on trying to make it fits the sign blank that ive lost touch with caring about anytng eslse.

Ill upload a picture of the location.

Biker Scout

That being said, I think it still needs some work.

Well, yeah... everything needs a little bit of work, depending on who you ask. However, sometimes things just need to get done and you need a man up and just say, "This is how it is... now go and run your business. Here's your brand and all the collateral, here's what you do with it, and what not to do with it."

Designs that get tweaked too much end up looking like they've been fiddled with by micro-managers and design committees. Sometimes you just need an experienced person to take charge and move on.

Biker Scout

Here's your store front.

Storefront.jpg

Resist the urge to fill up the windows with a laundry list of everything you do.
I just came up with some basics. But I don't know what it is you do exactly. So those can be tweaked. Again, if you hired me as your brand consultant I'd tweak things to match your capabilities better. But since I'm doing this on spec for you, so you can get to work... this is just an example to get you started.

Pat Whatley

Okay, going back where I'm wanted now. realistically with your current design skills you might be better off with something along the lines of the second one....simple and effective.

Attachments

• COLORADO (2)zx.jpg
    COLORADO (2)zx.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSA.jpg
    DSA.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 89

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just so everyone knows... I'd take Joe's critique any day of the week...

Man up... what a deek!

By the way, this guy has had help from 2 of the best in the business... (Dan and Joe)
And Joe is still willing to help...

Humble yourself a bit...